Pat Kenny Gets a New Job (1 Viewer)

it does mean the 2 billion he gets paid every year no longer gets paid by the taxpayer though, right?

hence, we can expect a more lenient budget this year? Or at the very least a drastic reduction in the cost of the TV licence fee.

it does mean the 2 billion he gets paid every year no longer gets paid by the taxpayer though, right?

hence, we can expect a more lenient budget this year? Or at the very least a drastic reduction in the cost of the TV licence fee.

I never get why people piss and moan about what current affairs presenters get paid.
In my mind, Morning Ireland, Sean O'Rourke, Mary Wilson, Pat Kenny et al do an outstanding job in fulfilling the public service remit of the national broadcaster.
My mind boggles at why RTE would ever pay money to make shows about celebrities in a fucking restaurant or any of the other abominations it fills the light entertainment schedule with.

I never get why people piss and moan about what current affairs presenters get paid.
In my mind, Morning Ireland, Sean O'Rourke, Mary Wilson, Pat Kenny et al do an outstanding job in fulfilling the public service remit of the national broadcaster.

yep, all fair enough. I'd have issues with the amount Marian Finucane, Ryan Tubridy and Brendan O'Connor get. For different reasons ranging from the fact that I dislike them to that I dont think they do enough to justify what they earn.

I'd have issues with the amount Marian Finucane, Ryan Tubridy and Brendan O'Connor get. .

I have issues with that cunt O'Connor, full stop.

In this day and age, RTE should be like Arsenal. Get rid of some big earners and invest in youth. There's plenty of talented, intelligent people around who would gladly be competent and informed presenters for half the price given the right training.

My mind boggles at why RTE would ever pay money to make shows about celebrities in a fucking restaurant or any of the other abominations it fills the light entertainment schedule with.

Hold on a second, €630,000 a year ? for a public sector job in a recession and you wonder why we're annoyed ? are you fucking insane ?

That's more than our president and taoiseach combined.

or 20 fucking nurses ?

Are you realistically saying Pat fucking Kenny is worth 20 fucking nurses ?

If you go out and break your leg tomorrow you've a better chance of getting a word with Joe Fucking Duffy than a doctor.
Fuck RTE no one watches anything on the fucking thing except the Champions League anyway and that has about 10 ad breaks in it as it is.

Hold on a second, €630,000 a year ? for a public sector job in a recession and you wonder why we're annoyed ? are you fucking insane ?

I agree with 7-no tomorrow. Pat Kenny (like him or loathe him), he's very good at current affairs. The Late Late didn't really stand to him, his interview style was way to wooden and serious.

That 630K is his salary figure for 2011 and RTE have said that no presenter is being paid more than 500K now. I reckon Newstalk must be paying him something in the region of 400k-500k (remember, that RTE pay was for both radio & TV). Whether TV3 decides to offer him a show would be an interesting development. Your average Joe Soap doesn't really tune into TV3 for current affairs (excluding Vincent Brown fanatics).

That's more than our president and taoiseach combined.

or 20 fucking nurses ?

Are you realistically saying Pat fucking Kenny is worth 20 fucking nurses ?

If you go out and break your leg tomorrow you've a better chance of getting a word with Joe Fucking Duffy than a doctor.
Fuck RTE no one watches anything on the fucking thing except the Champions League anyway and that has about 10 ad breaks in it as it is.
It is a ridiculous salary but he generates money in advertisement. He draws in the listeners pushing up the cost to advertise on his show. I would imagine he pays for a huge chunk of his salary in that way.

It is a ridiculous salary but he generates money in advertisement. He draws in the listeners pushing up the cost to advertise on his show. I would imagine he pays for a huge chunk of his salary in that way.

Perhaps but I imagine part of his salary was influenced by the fact that he used to host the late late and RTE draw huge amounts of ad money for that (in fact, I think I remember reading before that the Late Late ad revenues more than covered his salary), even after leaving it the idea that Kenny sells ad time is still in place. However I think that the Late Late brand is probably more valuable than Kenny's personal brand and that the show would probably attract significant money regardless of who is hosting it.

I do agree with the people who said he's a good current affairs broadcaster though, he just can't do the light touch fluffy shit.

The first hour of his radio show is generally decent, when he's talking about whatever is in the news. It fizzles out quickly enough though and he starts talking about shite and reading out scripted press releases about his guests who've written a new book or whatever. Hopefully he'll cut that crap out in the new job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back