TV Shows I don't Get (1 Viewer)

Yeah it is the point of certain comedy or satire to poke fun at and ridicule certain persons or things like it's not as if the brits never made a comedy where the took the piss out of themselves either.

Just talking about what particularly appeals to them.

I've never seen Mrs Browns Boys but isn't it their favourite show at Christmas or something?

Anyways, I'm fine. I've lived in England. Know plenty of them. I know what they're like.

Anyway I hated friends and had to hear the details of every episode the next day in school weather I wanted to or not. Comparable to Seinfeld maybe but not to far from Murphy Brown of that airport sitcom Wings.
I watched the start of an episode Downton Abbey recently but couldn't hack it's basically feudalism.

In all fairness I find English tv hard to watch because it's mostly about how poor people aren't meant to ride rich people, or someone who doesn't have entirely bland table manners sitting next to someone who does. (All drama/comedy shows). I find the Seinfeld shit boring because the joke is 'man feels awkward' for that and it's successor show- that's a ten minute sketch all told. Of course there are outliers in England.

being north west coast Irish father Ted, Hardy bucks, Rasái na gaillimhe, Limmy show were all things I could laugh with rather than at.

I put it on the WFT! shelf alongside Kilnascully.

Although I'm not sure Kilnascully could ever be classed as successful.
i liked this one bit

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

702140_1_articlelarge_bn-826844_005f495055fa4269a5e41bd0589be328.jpg

"PAT SHORT HAS MADE A FORTUNE INSULTING THE COUNTRY PEOPLE OF IRELAND. HE IS A DISGRAAACE"

Lucifer, which my wife is currently rewatching. It has the premise to be an interesting show ( the devil is banished from hell, I think?, and lives in la as a club owner) but instead we get this lighthearted, kinda zaney comic, kinda cop procedural bland rubbish. Meh level show at best. I genuinely don't see the appeal.

Lucifer, which my wife is currently rewatching. It has the premise to be an interesting show ( the devil is banished from hell, I think?, and lives in la as a club owner) but instead we get this lighthearted, kinda zaney comic, kinda cop procedural bland rubbish. Meh level show at best. I genuinely don't see the appeal.
It's based on the comic, a spinoff if Neil Gaiman's The Sandman. I liked the comic but the TV show looks terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back