Pat Kenny Gets a New Job (1 Viewer)

dont think i've ever listened to him. tom dunne though, fuk he's horrible. the irish richard madeley.

I'm sure Tom Dunne's a nice bloke, but I find him quiet bland on radio. I'm surprised he's lasted so long in that timeslot.

It is a ridiculous salary but he generates money in advertisement. He draws in the listeners pushing up the cost to advertise on his show. I would imagine he pays for a huge chunk of his salary in that way.

The show he's on generates income. His salary is by far and away the biggest expense. I'd imagine nothing he's on does better than barely breaking even

I agree with 7-no tomorrow. Pat Kenny (like him or loathe him), he's very good at current affairs. The Late Late didn't really stand to him, his interview style was way to wooden and serious.

That 630K is his salary figure for 2011 and RTE have said that no presenter is being paid more than 500K now. I reckon Newstalk must be paying him something in the region of 400k-500k (remember, that RTE pay was for both radio & TV). Whether TV3 decides to offer him a show would be an interesting development. Your average Joe Soap doesn't really tune into TV3 for current affairs (excluding Vincent Brown fanatics).

He was earning 630k at the height of the recession. He was on a current affairs program at a time when the only current affair was the fact that everyone in the fucking country was going broke. Fuck him he's a fucking profiteer.

Yeah where are they stickin Tom Dunne and his bland taste in music? Actually, he only pulls out some real shite now and again, but it awful shite when he does.

Pat Kenny won't be getting €400K a year though, I think he's taking a pay cut, maybe €300K. He did profiteer like a motherfucker off the back of the tax payer/TV licence fee, so he'll always be a hypocrite.

Tom Dunne is TERRIBLE.

Even has Audrey on doing shite now.

Never fucking shuts up about her.Might as well bring her to work.

Fuck RTE no one watches anything on the fucking thing except the Champions League anyway and that has about 10 ad breaks in it as it is.

I think their current affairs stuff is great.
Prime Time and Front Line.

They have no business paying for the Champions League in my view.

The first hour of his radio show is generally decent, when he's talking about whatever is in the news. It fizzles out quickly enough though and he starts talking about shite and reading out scripted press releases about his guests who've written a new book or whatever. Hopefully he'll cut that crap out in the new job.

And the fucking recipes. Ugh.

In an ideal world he'll be given Hook's job.

More radio docs (via podcasts) is all i want. I don't watch tv or listen to the radio in general.

Put all the money in there and in the concert hall.

How much is Dunphy paid (in nurses)?
I'd imagine he's on about 15-20 nurses easily. Football is about pure profit. It doesn't bother pretending to be anything else these days. Dunphy is more than happy to go on about money ruining the game while profiting from the exact same system, in fact he often makes jokes about exactly that irony. It's not nearly as offensive as a fuck like Kenny earning a fucking fortune profiting from peoples misery. And that pias expression on his face Fuck him. He's a cunt.

I beg to differ.

Advertising space during the CL is charged by the second, they'd be raking it in if it wasn't for Dunphy's wages.

And they generally do it well.

Maybe "well" is pushing it, they do it much better than TV3 and ITV, and Sky too the nights that Jamie Redknapp is in the studio.

More radio docs (via podcasts) is all i want. I don't watch tv or listen to the radio in general.

Put all the money in there and in the concert hall.

The "Documentary on One - RTÉ Documentaries" podcast publishes an episode on a daily basis, it's potluck whether it's a new documentary or something from the archive.

pat-kenny.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back