Wedding Music (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
Okay, so I’m in the midst of planning a wedding for next summer in Dublin. I’m not a big wedding type and really don’t care about much regarding it, apart from the music.

I need a 3 or less person band or a DJ to hire that won’t play shite, have disco lights or blabber on and on. I’m all about 50s, 60s, 70s classics but where it gets dicey is 80s onward.

No wagon Wheel
No Ed Sheeran
No Whitney Houston
No Macarana
No Rock the boat
No Electric slide
No Chicken dance
No Mamba No.5

You get me.

Thumped to the rescue? Anyone know anyone?

Last edited:
Okay, so I’m in the midst of planning a wedding for next summer in Dublin. I’m not a big wedding type and really don’t care about much regarding it, apart from the music.

I need a 3 or less person band or a DJ to hire that won’t play shite, have disco lights or blabber on and on. I’m all about 50s, 60s, 70s classics but where it gets dicey is 80s onward.

No wagon Wheel
No Ed Sheeran
No Whitney Houston
No Macarana
No Rock the boat
No Electric slide
No Chicken dance
No Mamba No.5

You get me.

Also my requirements for wedding next summer

Some 80s stuff is good

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No wagon Wheel
No Ed Sheeran
No Whitney Houston
No Macarana
No Rock the boat
No Electric slide
No Chicken dance
No Mamba No.5

You get me.

Gonna be a lot of disappointed wedding guests.

I’m saying 80s onward is dicey… meaning yes, a-lot of good stuff but a lot of shite too. Looking for someone that would be willing to tailor a bit to my taste than just playing normal wedding staples.

Sounds like a nixer for a thumpeder!
Exactly! Hell, I would pay someone with taste just to sit there and play songs with their phone and spotify. :)
Seriously though, if anyone knows anyone, or DJs in their spare time, let me know. Or if you've been to a wedding and heard a really good band/DJ or had a really good band/DJ at your own wedding, do tell. I'd really appreciate it.

in the 1980's West German based Turks DERDIYOKLAR IKILISI were best wedding band around.

the Anatolian psychedelic / traditional duo were great showmen (the drummer could do a nice solo too). their records are great too - haven't heard a bad tune by them.
unfortunately the frontman died in 2021.

What about Sweet Caroline and I Will Survive? Fields of Athenry?

Stephen-out-of-Stoat has a band called Deja Boo at his wedding which was ... maybe 7 years ago? Think they're still on the go, and they were fucking great - danced my ass off all night. Madness, Rihanna, Jackie Wilson, etc, etc. There's more than 3 of them though I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back