New ManU Thread - hahahahahahaha (1 Viewer)

As much as I'm thoroughly enjoying United's collapse, objectively I don't see what right United fans have to attack Ferguson over his appointment of Moyes - they all (or 99%) thought he was a good choice. Fucking weak shit to blame Ferguson for appointing Moyes. They should only be blaming him for the team he left behind.

As much as I'm thoroughly enjoying United's collapse, objectively I don't see what right United fans have to attack Ferguson over his appointment of Moyes - they all (or 99%) thought he was a good choice. Fucking weak shit to blame Ferguson for appointing Moyes. They should only be blaming him for the team he left behind.

The team he left behind won the league at a canter.

They thought Moyes was a good appointment because SAF told them so.

Yeah right. They won the league easily last year as every other team was shit and in disarray. This year, even with the best manager, Utd wouldn't be top four.

The fans felt, rightly or wrongly, that he was right type for United, grafter, British, no shit, long termer, worked his way up, blah blah, and they didn't need Ferguson to tell them that, they agreed with his logic of their own volition.

Yeah right. They won the league easily last year as every other team was shit and in disarray. This year, even with the best manager, Utd wouldn't be top four.

The fans felt, rightly or wrongly, that he was right type for United, grafter, British, no shit, long termer, worked his way up, blah blah, and they didn't need Ferguson to tell them that, they agreed with his logic of their own volition.

Currently, Chelsea would have to win all of their remaining games and City would have to win 8 of 9 to beat what United did last year.

The fans believed anything SAF told them. He could have squatted in midfield last May and taken a shit and they'd have bronzed it.
Everyone kind of bought the Moyes thing more or less insofar as "Well, Ferguson must know what he's doing" kind of way.

Apparently there's a spokesperson for "Stretford End Flags.

"The Stretford End Flags commission banners and flags at Old Trafford and is the organisation who put up the David Moyes 'Chosen One' banner. Andrew Kilduff is its spokesman."

Banners are commissioned? Oh, football. Do they commission simpletons to make cardboard and tin foil replicas of well know trophies too? Oh! Football!

I have to agree there, I'm hardly a neutral, but whoever wins the title this year, (especially if it's Liverpool) they'll have done it by playing the best football in the league. Last season United won by default, Very few teams went out with as much ambition at Old Trafford as they should have and their away form was good because they were extremely well organised and tactically astute but as far as quality or entertainment value goes it was a relatively poor season in which the most consistently solid team won. This season has been phenomenally entertaining and accross the board the quality has been very high. Look at it this way apart from United which teams have performed better than their showing last season ? Chelski, City, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Southampton, Hull, Villa and Stoke are all playing better football this season. Some clubs are just about the same level and realistically only Swansea and United have really deteriorated, it's unsurprising that United are finding it hard.

I think United fans knew that there was going to be a massive effect on their club when Fergie left but they didn't know the effect it would have on every other club and how they would play against them. That's been a massive factor. Remember last season when Southampton went out and battered them for long periods at Old Trafford? No one was expecting that, this season everyone is giving it a go.

Oh, the pain of it....!
I know, especially having to admit that Liverpool deserve the title this season. That hasn't been easy, I was wrestling with my football conscience a lot recently but in the end my love of good football out weighed my petty grudges. It's a lot easier to watch now that I've made my peace.

Spain and England have been fascinating this season the CL has so many promising ties coming up. Even Everton have an outside chance of getting something out of the season (which we'll probably make a balls of somehow) it's a fucking feast lads. Best season in years and the fucking World Cup is coming up fast, I'm in love with football, you can't be petty when you're in love. I even cheered when Suarez got a penalty once!

Where's that falling in love thread ?

All we need now to is prise Coleman from you lot in place of Johnson - that'd be class!
Hopefully not, This isn't meant to sound like a slight on Liverpool but really Coleman's spiritual home has to be Real Madrid. I think he could be good enough for them, he has all the attributes and he's better than what they have there at the moment.He's probably the only lad I can think of with the pace to over lap the likes of Ronaldo or Bale and it would be a major bonus for Ireland to have a player playing at that level, like Alaba for Austria. Again not meant as an insult to Liverpool but if any of the big three european clubs (Bayern, Real, Barca) wanted you, you'd go in a heartbeat.

If we had to sell him, and we're a selling club so have to literally means just that - necessity - I'd love to see him go further afield than stanley park.

I have to agree there, I'm hardly a neutral, but whoever wins the title this year, (especially if it's Liverpool) they'll have done it by playing the best football in the league. Last season United won by default, Very few teams went out with as much ambition at Old Trafford as they should have and their away form was good because they were extremely well organised and tactically astute but as far as quality or entertainment value goes it was a relatively poor season in which the most consistently solid team won. This season has been phenomenally entertaining and accross the board the quality has been very high. Look at it this way apart from United which teams have performed better than their showing last season ? Chelski, City, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Southampton, Hull, Villa and Stoke are all playing better football this season. Some clubs are just about the same level and realistically only Swansea and United have really deteriorated, it's unsurprising that United are finding it hard.

I think United fans knew that there was going to be a massive effect on their club when Fergie left but they didn't know the effect it would have on every other club and how they would play against them. That's been a massive factor. Remember last season when Southampton went out and battered them for long periods at Old Trafford? No one was expecting that, this season everyone is giving it a go.

Haha

United have stayed the same but everyone else has improved?

I am way tired and heading back to bed, but that has given me a laugh.

I'd have thought you're sorted long term with Flanagan anyway, been very good when I've seen him this season, miles better than last year.

Arsenal may need a right back next year though ...
Flanno's been good. then there's Andre Wisdom who has qualities and of course the perennial Next Big Thing Martin Kelly. I assume Kelly will be on his bike. He's the same age as Sturridge and Allen and Henderson so he's got no real excuses for not having made RB his own, what with the various injuries over the last couple of years.

Haha

United have stayed the same but everyone else has improved?

I am way tired and heading back to bed, but that has given me a laugh.
I didn't say that, I said
realistically only Swansea and United have really deteriorated,

Is this not reading my posts then responding to them based on an erroneous conception of what I actually said a disease ? Is everyone going to catch it ?

Fuck sake, I should change my sig to "I didn't say that"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back