New ManU Thread - hahahahahahaha (1 Viewer)

Can't stand him. Sure he does 'knows his stuff', as he should as it's his job. His whole schtick is to then willfully try to subvert the prevailing logic, usually starting with some historical insight into the mind of the protagonist or a reference to the distant past that's supposed to illuminate the real inner workings of the mind, and then cod-philosophizing his way from there. Here's some classic Ken Early horseshit for you
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...ni-hasn-t-met-his-waterloo-just-yet-1.1337844

His bullish self-importance is clear on Second Captains,where he goes to great lengths to make pointless analogies and either disagrees with the sensible points the other lads make ('yeah but...' is his middle name) or he just has to go one further ('not only that but...').

Guff merchant and nothing more.

Look at you with the Irish Times premium subscription!

Lah-dee-dah!

I reckon you're taking Early a bit too seriously Benny Cake, it seems clear to me that most of the shtick involving parallels between football and high literature or some World War II battle or whatever is intended for laughs. Maybe it comes across better on the podcast where you have McDevitt taking the piss out of him all the time. Got a chuckle out of the bit in the Slate article where he was illustrating how weak Moyes' public announcements have been by inserting 'hopefully' and 'possibly' into famous quotes from Churchill and Milton.

Sorry boss.

Back on topic, from Tactics Bored:

....[vs City] was an interesting selection of players for the midfield by Moyes, given Carrick’s lack of mobility and woeful performances this season, Cleverley’s cowardice in choosing where to run and pass, and Fellaini’s total unsuitability given the players around him. There was however, another midfield three that Moyes and United could have chosen:

utdmonehthsh.jpg

I reckon you're taking Early a bit too seriously Benny Cake, it seems clear to me that most of the shtick involving parallels between football and high literature or some World War II battle or whatever is intended for laughs. Maybe it comes across better on the podcast where you have McDevitt taking the piss out of him all the time. Got a chuckle out of the bit in the Slate article where he was illustrating how weak Moyes' public announcements have been by inserting 'hopefully' and 'possibly' into famous quotes from Churchill and Milton.

Yeah, he's going a bit Grantland on it.

Part of the post where I laugh at United is here: haha

I have to stop myself shouting MOYES IN at lads in United shirts these days. Especially the kids. God love them, they thought they were hopping on a gravy train.

I reckon Bayern will take it easy tonight. they'll shut up shop and keep the ball at 2-0. Maybe they'll nick a last one just to be sure, to be sure.

I'm sure some will say they've done okay tonight. Not me though. Every time Fergie went out and got hammered by Pep he got hammered by playing his way. What's sad about tonight is that this is Moyes way and it's fucking deplorable.

Oh and Wellbeck, Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Is Manzukic injured ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back