New ManU Thread - hahahahahahaha (1 Viewer)

No doubt now that I have made this, they will start winning everything all around them :(

That was my first thought.

It's still the same bunch of lads that won it all last year, for the most part.
Plus they have fewer cup games now.

I would love it if they finished outside the top 4. I would love it.

They've really gone to shite of late, Vidic wants out at the end of the season, Giggs can't have long left now, I suspect if those two leave it'll open the floodgates.
Fergie must be turning in his grave.
Once Liverpool don't win it'll be grand.

'Once Liverpool don't win it'll be grand.' It won't happen, but it would be so amazing if after 'knocking us off our fucking perch', the first season after he retires Liverpool won again. I think he'd end up with a coronary if that happened, although seeing City take over as the top club in Manchester on a regular basis might have the same effect.

It'll improve for them no doubt and I think Moyes will eventually do something good there provided he's given the time. He'll need to be careful though as it's such a fine line nowadays, and players are already looking at life at Old Trafford differently. As a Liverpool fan though, I can't help but enjoy watching Man U players and fans have to deal with the upheaval and chaos of a new regime. They've been spoilt rotten with the success and consistency of a great manager, many of their supporters have never known anything else. I've had to live through the Souness years and watch as Anfield, for periods, became a place that teams looked forward to really giving it a go. I love the fact that refs aren't afraid to give things against United now that the intimidating bully that Ferguson became has left the building. There's no more Fergie time, and it's been too long coming. Suck it up.

Fergie is a real piece of shit.

He fires a parting shot at Rooney on his way out the door that Moyes has to clean up as soon as he arrives, he releases a book that throws several players under the bus and now he's a slave to his own inflated ego and has to show up at every game like an asshole backseat driver.

I thought he said he was going to learn Italian and spend time with his family and travel?

Fergie made a 4 hour round trip to the Hull match on Boxing day for fucks sake.

It's a whole combination of things. They players aren't really that good, and Moyes who has made mistakes isn't as good as Fergie. While Ferguson can on some level act as though the players were good enough for him to succeed with so what's the problem he's a guy who belongs in the conversation for greatest of all time and perhaps part of his duties after 26 years and being in the rare position for a football manager, being able to choose when to leave his job, he could have had things in better order to hand over to whoever his successor was.

Plus there are obvious structural problems at board level.

I don't think they'll sack Moyes this season, or even in the summer. Even if they finish outside the CL spots. But he's going to have to show progress after that, so if they miss out this year then he'll have to get in this year. And if they do qualify for the CL in May then he'll have to mount a decent title challenge next season. Some degree of regression had to be expected this year, perhaps not to the degree that it has but what will really do for him is stagnation.

if rvp was out as much last season they would have been as far up shits creek as they are with moyes i reckon. would be fearful of them if he stays fit once hes back and the injuries subside. for top 4 obviously. title out of reach no matter whos fit

I think the big problem was clearing out the backroom staff. The players were familiar with the old coaching methods and it was bringing success. Now Moyes comes in and replaces the old coaches, training methods and demands a certain style.

The team had to adjust to this way of playing and started to lose. They wondered why they couldn't just continue the old way. The signs were there early on when Van Persie openly questioned training so hard. It seemed there was more a concentration on hard physical training than on technical drills.

You can see in the way the players are playing that they don't really buy into Moyes approach. They look disinterested in games and not willing to try to make the new way work.

if rvp was out as much last season they would have been as far up shits creek as they are with moyes i reckon. would be fearful of them if he stays fit once hes back and the injuries subside. for top 4 obviously. title out of reach no matter whos fit

There is an argument to be made the Van Persie's injury issues are partly Moyes' fault. Arsenal finally figured out how to keep him healthy and that practice carried through in his first season at United. Moyes on the other hand proudly announced in pre-season that he was "over training" him and then there was that first match when he came back from injury and should have come off after 70 minutes but was left on as they had to chase the game.

This bit was gorgeous

----------------------------

Mario Balotelli, when confronted by police after being involved in a car crash. Balotelli was apparently carrying £5,000 on him at the time, a measly sum for a modern professional footballer. When asked why he had so much cash in his possession, he replied: “Because I am rich.”

Like most liverpool supporters I am generally staying schtum on this issue until the end of the season (except here now, obviously). Or at least til we see what happens at OT.

All we can talk about for now is individual games and the various media observations that are being endlessly recycled when they lose. Each time they win it's less fuss, and it's "pressure off" etc. But truth is they aren't all that far off, and with Rooney and RVP to come back, they can still put out a better team than most. The feeling is that it's going wrong, but feelings have been proven wrong many times, which is why bookies rarely go bust.

If there were a clearer gap between the top 4 and the rest I'd be laughing, or even if one or two clubs were running off with it and they were scrapping around with the rest. But as it is, everything is still in flux.

I think if you study the stats, and compare United at this stage of the season to the same stage last season, fuck them, they're a bunch of cunts, and I'd be happy to laugh up my own testicles for long as it continues. Cunts.

I've always said that David Moyes was more like Mourinho (when he first joined Chelski and refused to play football in spite of having some of the best players around, not now when Chelski occasionally play the best football in the league) than Fergie.

You can see the evidence of this in how we've performed since he left and in how few goals United score now.

The worry is though that once United start to grind out wins they'll just keep grinding them out in the same way that we used to.

If we'd ever been 11 points off top spot at this stage of the season under Moyes we'd genuinely feel like we were in with a shout, such has always been our form after christmas.

It'll be very interesting to see if Moyes brings in low profile players on loan, he did this superbly with us every single season, I wonder if United being United will refuse to go down that road and thusly miss out on some gems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back