Gig Rules (1 Viewer)

Big Dancey lads always bump into me when I'm trying to video the entire gig on my iPad 2. So darn frustrating!

I mean, it's a once in a lifetime chance to video a gig. Come on!

Your Minor Threat one from Urban Outfitters
feminist_apron-r3ae8148b8e4a49be82a6e14b527972e8_v9wh6_8byvr_324.jpg

With added pasta sauce.

Yeah lets get this thread onto what's important.

How shite is Budweiser ?

It's undrinakable piss.

It tastes mildly of banana flavoured sweets.

It's got so many chemicals in it your hangover starts while you're drinking it.

It's far too fizzy.

It goes flat too fast.

Then it tastes like an ash tray

It's a completely wrong colour.

And the hangover the next day ? don't get me fucking started on the hangover the next day.

It's just awful stuff.

its' made from rice, what do you expect?

piss is right

if I get to a gig early and get a pit pass and then my mates get there late and don't get a pit pass, IT IS PERFECTLY OK FOR ME TO DITCH MY MATES AND GO TO THE PIT ON MY OWN. Fucked if I'm giving up my great vantage point to go back and stand beside those tardy fuckers.

if I get to a gig early and get a pit pass and then my mates get there late and don't get a pit pass, IT IS PERFECTLY OK FOR ME TO DITCH MY MATES AND GO TO THE PIT ON MY OWN. Fucked if I'm giving up my great vantage point to go back and stand beside those tardy fuckers.

Damn straight

Great read

The bit about bar staff shutting the fuck up is a good point that I haven't heard anyone mention before

Also guest lists-- I have a friend who is proud that he hasn't paid in to a gig in over 20 years
While I enjoy the occasional rare freebie to big expensive gigs I don't think blagging your way into independent gigs is anything to be proud of

Great read

The bit about bar staff shutting the fuck up is a good point that I haven't heard anyone mention before

Also guest lists-- I have a friend who is proud that he hasn't paid in to a gig in over 20 years
While I enjoy the occasional rare freebie to big expensive gigs I don't think blagging your way into independent gigs is anything to be proud of

I would be a bit torn on that one. When you have a lot of musician friends, it’s very expensive to support them all. I have no problem parting with money to see a band I like and support those friends. That said, I also have friends whom I like but not so much their band. Just not my thing so I would gladly take a free ticket to their gig to support them and be meat in the room, so to speak. I still consider it a type of support, just not a monetary one. Also, when dating a musician it’s extremely hard to listen to the songs hundreds of times in the house and then pay to hear it live again and again.

At the end of the day, your band your rules. If you want to make your parents pay into your gig so be it. You're an asshole but at least you made that extra ten quid.

What we don't need is the entitled journalists of Ireland tweeting their dissatisfaction that the VIP area just isn't big enough for them at this festival.

Last edited:
I suppose it depends on how often you go to gigs. If you are going out every night supporting your friend's gigs then yeah, that would be very expensive, but it's your choice and your mates are under no obligation to give you freebies all the time.

I have many friends who put on gigs and play in bands and I always pay my way. I appreciate the odd freebie but would never take it for granted.

When I play a gig I'm grateful if there is a guest list that allows me to get my girlfriend in for free but it's not something I take for granted, as most times the promoter hasn't a bean (unless they're lying to me..the pricks)

My parents are banned from my gigs. Ever since the ...unpleasantness

When I say 'you' I don't mean you @Jill Hives

I know, but for the record, I don't ever ask for freebies. I will gladly take them if offered if I've paid my fair share for them before and/or don't particularly care for the music but know they need bodies. It's all moot now since I never bother to even go out anymore.

I'll take guest spot in exchange for services and returning favours/help with gigs and I'll give them for the same reasons. I'd also take them for a friend if I'm in the support band at an expensive gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back