Gig Rules (2 Viewers)

I don't remotely get the comparison between bands and plumbers.

I've never seen people pay in to watch a plumber work,nor buy drinks in the kitchen he is working in.

(For the record,I have been a plumber and have been and currently am in a band)

(I'm not sticking up for riders either,just think the comparison was daft)

On principle I don't do guest lists.

NOT THAT I EVER GET BLEEDIN OFFERED
what constitutes a 'guest list'? Like, I've won tickets to gigs a couple of times and my name was on the guest list as opposed to my getting physical tickets.

I've gotten an actual guestlist once ever. That was when I sent a tweet to someone to ask them whether tickets would be on sale at the door of a Wire gig. The response was that I was on the guestlist with a +1.

I was on the guestlist for the Richter Collective going away gig but I subscribed to that 100 quid thing so doubt that counts.

Then there were 3 gigs I won tickets 2. One here, one on phantom and one from Leagues on twitter.

I don't have any remorse from the competition ones or the Richter one. The Wire one I definitely do and on a point of principle I also never do guest lists.

However if I actually played in a band I think that may be different.

I don't see what the problem with guest list is. I've been on many of them and put peoples names down on many of them when I was playing. It's grand it's handy for when you have people to thank for stuff like if you get a lift to a gig with gear or have to borrow something like an amp or a cymbal or a guitar or a bass because you're in a band with dead beats who won't buy any of their own equipment but some how have money to go to Primavera every fucking year.

I was at tuneyards last night and jesus everyone was fucking hammered. Many, many rules were ignored.

I am amazed that she's so popular, not that I think she's bad (I do) but what she does, I've never thought it had broad appeal.

It wasn't anywhere near sold out. I dunno, her poppiest stuff is pretty poppy and she's known to be good live. I'd love for her to get massive meself but I sure I like liberal arts studying, NPR-listening, HBO watching, trust fund having, east coast privileged guilty white conscience music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back