Gig Rules (2 Viewers)

I don't remotely get the comparison between bands and plumbers.

I've never seen people pay in to watch a plumber work,nor buy drinks in the kitchen he is working in.

(For the record,I have been a plumber and have been and currently am in a band)

(I'm not sticking up for riders either,just think the comparison was daft)

On principle I don't do guest lists.

NOT THAT I EVER GET BLEEDIN OFFERED
what constitutes a 'guest list'? Like, I've won tickets to gigs a couple of times and my name was on the guest list as opposed to my getting physical tickets.

I've gotten an actual guestlist once ever. That was when I sent a tweet to someone to ask them whether tickets would be on sale at the door of a Wire gig. The response was that I was on the guestlist with a +1.

I was on the guestlist for the Richter Collective going away gig but I subscribed to that 100 quid thing so doubt that counts.

Then there were 3 gigs I won tickets 2. One here, one on phantom and one from Leagues on twitter.

I don't have any remorse from the competition ones or the Richter one. The Wire one I definitely do and on a point of principle I also never do guest lists.

However if I actually played in a band I think that may be different.

I don't see what the problem with guest list is. I've been on many of them and put peoples names down on many of them when I was playing. It's grand it's handy for when you have people to thank for stuff like if you get a lift to a gig with gear or have to borrow something like an amp or a cymbal or a guitar or a bass because you're in a band with dead beats who won't buy any of their own equipment but some how have money to go to Primavera every fucking year.

I was at tuneyards last night and jesus everyone was fucking hammered. Many, many rules were ignored.

I am amazed that she's so popular, not that I think she's bad (I do) but what she does, I've never thought it had broad appeal.

It wasn't anywhere near sold out. I dunno, her poppiest stuff is pretty poppy and she's known to be good live. I'd love for her to get massive meself but I sure I like liberal arts studying, NPR-listening, HBO watching, trust fund having, east coast privileged guilty white conscience music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back