Gig Rules (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Right thumped so this has been getting on my goat lately.

I went to the sunday of longitude. I was told I couldn't bring in a bottle of water because the bottle I had exceeded 500ml. I had contacted the cops before the gig to ensure I could bring water cos, ya know, we had a heatwave and a lad needs water so as not to die. They said it would be grand once the container was sealed.

So I had a row with the woman doing the bag checking. I told her what the cops had said and she said she wouldn't let me in with it. Its only a fucking bottle of water so at this point it was more about principle. I told her to open it and pour some out until there was less than 500ml in it. So she did, handed me back the bottle, let me in and told me I was one of the lucky ones.

Prick.

Last saturday I went to Springsteen in Kilkenny. Mindful of my experience in Longitude I decided I would bring 3 * 500ml bottles of water in my bag, so as not to fall foul of these very important rules that some sap decided to implement.

Only when I got to the gate I was told I could bring in the bottles but that I had to take the lids off. What the actual fuck? I told them I'd hold off going in until I drank the water, waited til they had their back turned then just ran past them with my bottles intact.

Then when I get inside I find they're selling bottles of carlsberg with screw-on lids that actually fit my water bottles perfectly.

Pricks.

By the end of the night no one had died as a result of my bringing in 3 small bottles of water to the gig. I even gave one away to a gentleman who looked like he needed more than I did. I'm pretty sure no one even ended up in hospital over it.

Anyway everyone at gigs are pricks. Thats my rant done.

Seriously, though, why don't tall people stand at the back? Why should I, as a person of medium stature, have to endure the woes of the pit or the blast of the PA just so I can, y'know, maybe see the feckin' band? And don't get me started on chatty hipsters.

i thought this was going to be another WHY DON'T TALL PEOPLE STAND AT THE BACK? thread

me and the bassist went to bjork a few years back. we are generally tall. we went to the back. the bassist is about 6'2' or so. some pricks about 6'5' with afros (really) came and stood in front of us. bjork is short. sounded great, saw fuck all.

i had a bouncer go through every one of my pockets and every part of my wallet then tell i looked "wrong" and he was "going to keep an eye on me" and throw me out if i "got up to anything" at a gig on friday night. surprised he didn't pull out the rubber gloves.

Sorry, sorry, excuse me, I don't know why you're here but there's a band I like playing and it's very important that I get in front of you

I love it when people bring a backpack along to gigs, especially really full ones & keep it on during the entire gig. Even better when they're standing in front of you and think a backpack exists in zero-space.

i had a bouncer go through every one of my pockets and every part of my wallet then tell i looked "wrong" and he was "going to keep an eye on me" and throw me out if i "got up to anything" at a gig on friday night. surprised he didn't pull out the rubber gloves.

Can they do that? I'd tell him to go get stuffed.

so what's the logic behind these no bottles / no bottles above a certain size / no closed bottles rules then?

so what's the logic behind these no bottles / no bottles above a certain size / no closed bottles rules then?

A closed and full bottle thrown can hurt someone more than one without a lid - think this is the official reason.

A bottle with no lid tends to be consumed quicker and you end up buying another €1000000 bottle of Riverrock to replace it - think this is the real reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back