Gig Rules (1 Viewer)

Seriously, though, why don't tall people stand at the back? Why should I, as a person of medium stature, have to endure the woes of the pit or the blast of the PA just so I can, y'know, maybe see the feckin' band? And don't get me started on chatty hipsters.
I agree with this, but not for tall people, moreso for people who wear cowboy hats to gigs

pricks

Tall people stand at the back ?

Fuck off.

I'm not going to be penalised because you're genetically inferior or because you started smoking before you had pubes. You pricks.

Besides which, I bang my fucking head on every fucking thing, sinks are a poxy height so my back hurts when I do dishes, don't get me started on public transport seats or having to be in a car with 4 other tall folks. The one advantage we have is that when we pay into gigs we fucking see the gigs.

My lady is 5 foot 2 she never sees anything at gigs but on the other hand she always looks comfortable, everywhere. In a tent comfortable. In a hammock, comfortable. on a bus, on a ryanair flight, bar stool, oddly shaped couch, on a fucking bean bag Comfortable every fucking time. I look like I've been put in a fucking stress position by the CIA to reveal the whereabouts of fucking Shergar.

Stand at the back ?

Fuck you tiny little bastards.

Tall people stand at the back ?

Fuck off.

I'm not going to be penalised because you're genetically inferior or because you started smoking before you had pubes. You pricks.

Besides which, I bang my fucking head on every fucking thing, sinks are a poxy height so my back hurts when I do dishes, don't get me started on public transport seats or having to be in a car with 4 other tall folks. The one advantage we have is that when we pay into gigs we fucking see the gigs.

My lady is 5 foot 2 she never sees anything at gigs but on the other hand she always looks comfortable, everywhere. In a tent comfortable. In a hammock, comfortable. on a bus, on a ryanair flight, bar stool, oddly shaped couch, on a fucking bean bag Comfortable every fucking time. I look like I've been put in a fucking stress position by the CIA to reveal the whereabouts of fucking Shergar.

Stand at the back ?

Fuck you tiny little bastards.

That is pulitzer worthy! And I'm a 5.5 ft short arse!

i don't mind the tall people at the front of gigs if they got there early. it is annoying when the tall people push and shove their way and then decide to just stand in front of the 5'6 person after pushing and head butting the 5'6 person to get them out of the way

I love it when people bring a backpack along to gigs, especially really full ones & keep it on during the entire gig. Even better when they're standing in front of you and think a backpack exists in zero-space.

oopsy, i do this. in my excuse, a gig on a weeknight, i go directly from work to so i have no where to put it. bad news for any thieves, i don't put anything valuable in the bag, just my newspaper, my book and my by then empty lunchbox. if i use the coat storage, then i run the risk of missing the bus home.

Sorry, sorry, excuse me, I don't know why you're here but there's a band I like playing and it's very important that I get in front of you
this is funny though. I was at that War on Drugs gig in Whelans last year. I was there before the support act and had a grand spot right at the front, to the left of stage. Just as WOD were coming on, this lad, with his girlfriend, barge their way to the front, just in front of me. Yer man glanced back over his shoulder a bit guilty looking, obviously feeling bad about it, when she told him he had more right to be up the front than anyone else cos he was such a big fan. And shur who could argue!

I'm 6 foot and have had plenty of smaller folk do the push past then stand in the non existent space in front of me, I generally don't take it to well. On the other hand if I'm at a gig and there's space at the front, like a few feet of space as people are too scared to stand too close to the stage, then I've no problem with anyone getting past me and vice versa I've no problem with making my way to the front and using the available space.

I just go and see really unpopular bands so never have these problems.

Besides which, I bang my fucking head on every fucking thing, sinks are a poxy height so my back hurts when I do dishes, don't get me started on public transport seats or having to be in a car with 4 other tall folks.
plus, you're more likely to die of cancer.
how tall are you?

I'm 6 foot and have had plenty of smaller folk do the push past then stand in the non existent space in front of me, I generally don't take it to well. On the other hand if I'm at a gig and there's space at the front, like a few feet of space as people are too scared to stand too close to the stage, then I've no problem with anyone getting past me and vice versa I've no problem with making my way to the front and using the available space.
The most annoying thing that short arses do is assume that because they are small vertically they must also take up less floor space in a standing position. This is particularly annoying when the culprit is short and fat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back