General Election 2016 (1 Viewer)

Smartvote is grand for picking candidates but doesn't simulate elections and coalitions.

If everyone voted smartvote, that'd be probably a good thing.

What is more likely to happen is that a % of new voters will loosely base choices on it and FG will get their majority and then cherry pick a bunch of petrified independents to mess about with along with the carcass of labour and enough socdems to destroy socdems. maybe.

GG got one of my top votes last time out as an independent. It'll be him and Diana O'Dwyer this time round at least. I understand voting for these sound lads gets me nowhere, but what can you do. At least Gannon is in a party that might have a chance at getting a couple of seats this time.

definitely looking like a Fine Gael/Fail coalition govt

which means they may not even need independents.

we're all fucked

They could bring Renua along too.
Long term though, it may be worthwhile if it brings about a proper split in Irish politics. SF as the opposition would be a new departure.

definitely looking like a Fine Gael/Fail coalition govt

which means they may not even need independents.

we're all fucked

Is there an argument, desperately reaching for a positive spin on those shitbags being in power together, that it could put civil war politics to bed and we can stop voting on based on who shot at our grandparents in the 20's?

do you reckon they'll get many seats? I reckon even Lucinda might struggle to get in .

They seem a bit of a laughing stock to me.

I think they'll do relatively ok, get 3 - 5 TDs in. Though if Lucinda fails to get returned they'll be in a lot of trouble.
I wonder where Eddie Hobbs is hiding and why...

Screen-Shot-2016-02-17-at-10.52.45-1024x766.png

finding it very hard to engage with this election on any level

think I'd make up my mind a while back who I was voting for and don't really care to know anything about anyone else.

It all feels a bit half-arsed too. Canvassers not bothering to call to houses, not the same amount of posters up, etc. Probably because of the short run-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back