economic meltdown (1 Viewer)

I was thinking about this yesterday and wondering how exposed I am to it all. I've no mortgage/loans of any kind. No investments/shares/savings/pension. Have a 3 year contract at work. Am I ok? Is there something i'm forgetting? The only thing I can see getting badly stung on is diesel, which I don't use a lot of anyway.

I was thinking about this yesterday and wondering how exposed I am to it all. I've no mortgage/loans of any kind. No investments/shares/savings/pension. Have a 3 year contract at work. Am I ok? Is there something i'm forgetting? The only thing I can see getting badly stung on is diesel, which I don't use a lot of anyway.

How absolutely spiffing for you.

Bankers aren't a violent bunch, at worst they might rape / pillage a tuna bap and bottle of coke, or maybe a Kaiser Chiefs cd.

But anyway, I'm fucked. I have no debts, but I also have no hope for my futureeeeeee

Oil my shotgun, count my silver and gold, make a bowl of popcorn, crack a Crown Bavaria that I've been hoarding from Rosin Dubh, and watch it all fall apart on Fox News.

I was wondering this last night.

Like, for the standard prole in the street, does it matter that much? Some cunt loses 1/2 billion on his shares.
And?
I dont own shares. The cunt that owned 2 million shares is going to survive no matter what happens.

Employment numbers are still grand enough. My mortgage is fixed rate. So, yeah, I think its grand, right?

Everyone is freaking out about it, and I am sort of looking around, saying yis can fuck off, I grew up in Ireland in the early eighties. It was shit. This <makes this hands all round motion> is fine.

Like, for the standard prole in the street, does it matter that much? Some cunt loses 1/2 billion on his shares.
And?
Pension funds will be affected, so if you're near retiring age you could get fucked up. Apart from that I don't see what effect it's going to have. Unless you lose your job. Which you might. Half the construction industry already has

Pension funds will be affected, so if you're near retiring age you could get fucked up. Apart from that I don't see what effect it's going to have. Unless you lose your job. Which you might. Half the construction industry already has

House prices collapse
Construction slows
Negative equity
Unemployed construction workers - lots of them
Exchequer returns down
Services cut
Welfare Cut
Taxes Up

Could be nasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back