Who is the.................. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter cpr
  • Start date
  • Replies 174
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 7
i met kenny dalglish, ray hougton, john alridge and ronnie whelan after an ireland match in daymount in '88. being a 'pool fan i was chuffffffed.

i'm less proud of getting emma bunton to sign my christmas nme in '98.

met phil babb and jayo mcateer in belgo restaurant and asked babb what he though of liverpool's new signing sami hyypia - that didn't go down too well. on the plus side me and the wan got seated before them.

i've met allen! blythe! several times.

I met Vince Vaughn in LA and asked him to sign something for my sister whos a fan of his, he said "tell your sister to fuck off"

i then told him he was a fat cunt and strolled off

A few bears in said:
I met Vince Vaughn in LA and asked him to sign something for my sister whos a fan of his, he said "tell your sister to fuck off"

i then told him he was a fat cunt and strolled off

haha Vince Vaughn is deadly. nice comeback by the by :D

avernus said:
I would pay top dolla to see that shit happen! man that'd be so amazing.

If he told me to go fuck myself, i'd die a happy man on the spot. What a legend.

walken.jpg

I met Yo La Tengo around 8 years ago in Heidelberg, Deutschland after their gig in a cool little venue called the Karlstorbahnhof...i ended up chatting to Ira Kaplan for ages. Turns out his middle name is David...which was nice. He's a really sound guy. There was great bounce in the conversation.

Later on that night and many beers later (bless you rheinheitsgebot) I got chatting to yer one from Run-On who were supporting on the night. I don't think she really understood what the locked Irish lad talking to her was really on about. I think I was trying to convince her that the Verve's Storm in Heaven was the most amazing album ever made or something...

Unicron said:

Aha the fink! This reminds me.... how could i forget meeting Teddy Long?
teddy_long.jpg

Well actually my niece did, but i was standing beside her while they chatted. He's a nice man.

And I left out meeting Douglas Adams in uhh 1986 i think (my mate asked him when the HHGTTG movie was coming out. He sighed and said "they just keep saying 'next year, next year'". Poor douglas.) Met Terry Pratchett too and a few other authors at book signings back when i could read.

I've also met Tazz (we talked Judo briefly) but that pales in comparison to the Fink.

The Irish rugby squad trained at my school a few times when I was there, got Simon Geoghegan's autograph, Pete Clohessey looked at me like he wanted to tear my head off when I passed him in the corridoor of the changing rooms.

Ed said:
There's always one evil member of a boyband, that Stephen Gatley for one..... Hilariously short.

I remember seeing a picture of him and his partner, who´s a very tall bloke and they were both standing side by side, wearing tuxedos. This attire had the unfortunate side-effect of making Steven Gately look like his boyfriend´s ventriloquist doll

Pantone247 said:
actually I met the thrills

and they were ssssoooooo rude

it was great

makes watching their carrer go down the tubes so much sweeter

i met them too, and yes i agree. they were being dickheads in the late late show green room, acting like they were waaaaaayyy too cool to be there and just generally throwing food around and being loud.

bic runga was there the same night. she was loovely. although her band were watching the news on the tv and joking that ann doyle looked like a drag queen.

das nugs said:
i met them too, and yes i agree. they were being dickheads in the late late show green room, acting like they were waaaaaayyy too cool to be there and just generally throwing food around and being loud.

bic runga was there the same night. she was loovely. although her band were watching the news on the tv and joking that ann doyle looked like a drag queen.

that was me message. the yokey expired and i wanted to ask:

super dexta: two stars of the Irish poetry scene? who? and who?

jane: where d'you meet Terry Eagleton? After Theory is savage. what was he like?

das nugs said:
that was me message. the yokey expired and i wanted to ask:

super dexta: two stars of the Irish poetry scene? who? and who?

jane: where d'you meet Terry Eagleton? After Theory is savage. what was he like?

He was the keynote speaker at a conference I was part of last year. His wife/partner was the moderator for the session I spoke in.

I didn't talk to him for very long, but he seemed like a nice guy. In fact, I can't even remember what it is we talked about, except that I walked away thinking, "Cool, that was Terry Eagleton."

Oh, and I'm sure it will come as no surprise that I've met the guy with the beard and the wooly jumpers from Time Team, and a few of the other telly archaeologists (but not Tony Robinson). I love Time Team. It's deadly.

Aw, fuck, I totally forgot about the time I met Hunter S. Thompson. Or I'm 99% sure I met him. In inimitable 'meeting the Gonzo' style, I was so fucked up at the time that I can barely remember who I was at the time.

Going to NY met Mike mills but much preferred the time meeting Bob Pollard at a tobin sprout gig and in Cork and glasgow gbv gigs....

also i annoyed the crap out of Will Oldham and Matt Sweeney at Liss ard festival.

that drink is an awful curse

jane said:
He was the keynote speaker at a conference I was part of last year. His wife/partner was the moderator for the session I spoke in.

I didn't talk to him for very long, but he seemed like a nice guy. In fact, I can't even remember what it is we talked about, except that I walked away thinking, "Cool, that was Terry Eagleton."

Oh, and I'm sure it will come as no surprise that I've met the guy with the beard and the wooly jumpers from Time Team, and a few of the other telly archaeologists (but not Tony Robinson). I love Time Team. It's deadly.

Aw, fuck, I totally forgot about the time I met Hunter S. Thompson. Or I'm 99% sure I met him. In inimitable 'meeting the Gonzo' style, I was so fucked up at the time that I can barely remember who I was at the time.
Oh yeah! I met Eagleton, too, at a, um, Wittgenstein symposium. Strange little man.

Re: Who is the............

The most famous person(s) i ever met was Nick Oliveri who i met in Amsterdam. he was in a head shop and i asked him for a photo. He said "yeah no problem dude". Just as my girlfriend was about to take the picture the guy behind the counter started shouting at us, "no photo, no photo!". We were saying whats the problem and he just wanted us out of the shop. I said to Nick it was fine, dont worry about the picture, nice to meet you etc etc but he insisted that we go out on to the street and take one instead. So we did and we chated for a couple of minutes. He was really sound. The shitty thing was that all my pictures vanished of the camera. I was and still am very pissed off.

Had a cup of tea with Moby and despite the shit tunes he was a decent guy.

Tony Bennett asked me how to get on stage at vicar st last year,

I seved Johnny Knoxville in my place of work and he was very nice and paid by credit card and i forgot his real name was Pj Clap???

Also met Joe Elliot and told him that i used to love his band when i was a kid(he wasn't impressed with the 'used to' thing) and met Shane McGowan and he asked me out for a pint but i had a Coldspoon Conspiracy gig to go to and invited him along but he never showed... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back