The Road (2 Viewers)

All films should in similarly to "I am legend."
I AM LEG END

Foot-outside.jpg

How did it take a year and a half to come out after it wrapped? Or am i missing something.

not read the book, hopfully going to see this in the next few days.

How did it take a year and a half to come out after it wrapped? Or am i missing something.

not read the book, hopfully going to see this in the next few days.

It premiered in September so I suppose the distributors were looking for the right time to get it into cinemas. It came out in the states 2 months ago.

It premiered in September so I suppose the distributors were looking for the right time to get it into cinemas. It came out in the states 2 months ago.

Are u sure - i think it came out pretty much the same time (if the mostly USA board i post on is correct).

I do think the trolley was miscast.

The trolley has a deeper significance than most people realize. One day this dude couldn't find a euro coin to put in the trolley when he was going shopping. He got so annoyed he went home and started a nuclear war which destroyed the world. Cue: boy and man trudging down the road ...

Are u sure - i think it came out pretty much the same time (if the mostly USA board i post on is correct).

According to this it came out on the 25th of November in the USA

CountryDate Italy 3 September 2009 (Venice Film Festival) Canada 13 September 2009 (Toronto International Film Festival) USA 8 October 2009 (Mill Valley Film Festival) UK 19 October 2009 (London Film Festival) Greece 25 October 2009 (Panorama of European Cinema) USA 28 October 2009 (Austin Film Festival) Finland 31 October 2009 (Night Visions Film Festival) USA 4 November 2009 (AFI Fest 2009) Spain 20 November 2009 (Festival Internacional de Cinema Negre de Manresa) USA 25 November 2009 (limited) Canada 27 November 2009 (limited) France 2 December 2009
Finland 25 December 2009
Portugal 7 January 2010
South Korea 7 January 2010
UK 8 January 2010
Slovenia 14 January 2010
Argentina 21 January 2010
Sweden 22 January 2010
Belgium 27 January 2010
Australia 28 January 2010
Greece 28 January 2010
Brazil 5 February 2010
Norway 19 February 2010
Taiwan 26 February 2010
Kazakhstan 11 March 2010
Estonia 12 March 2010
Netherlands 18 March 2010
New Zealand 18 March 2010
Germany 13 May 2010

Saw it this evening. Liked it a lot. was as grim as I could have hoped for. Thought Nick Cave and Warren Elis score was a little too warm (for want of a better word) in parts though bit of a disappointment. The way the film looks and all the performances were excellent. When Robert Duval tries to talk about his son was truly heart wrenching. I'm sure it's probably been mentioned here but they left out the most shocking bit in the book

when they find the baby on the spit
probably because it's unfilmable without tipping over into horror move cliche. In the book- harrowing on film- silly. A damn fine film altogether, one of the few I felt tense while watching despite knowing the story in it's entirity.

I liked it a lot.

Probably missing something obvious here- what was the significance of the missing thumbs?

also

I AM LEG END

SuperStock_1439R-1103159.jpg

I liked it a lot.

Probably missing something obvious here- what was the significance of the missing thumbs?

Was the thief the one with the missing thumbs? Think that had something to do with him being cast out from one of the communes or something.

Is this worth seeing in the cinema or would it be just as good on DVD? Read the book but don't know if I'm bothered going to see it anytime soon....

Was the thief the one with the missing thumbs? Think that had something to do with him being cast out from one of the communes or something.

Is this worth seeing in the cinema or would it be just as good on DVD? Read the book but don't know if I'm bothered going to see it anytime soon....

Ta. I thought it might be somehthing like that. I noticed it on the member of the gang near the beginning, but then Guy Pearce's character had it too so , was he part of that gang too? Or was it a widespread thing? Not that it really matters...

And yeah - it's good, worth seing in the cinema I reckon

I thought it was incredibly underwhelming. kinda stuff they'd use in ads to sell cars

Listened to some of it online earlier. I don't know what they were thinking it's awful. the Assassination of Jesse James score is a million times better and bleaker. They really dropped the ball. It's weird because it's the type of film that didn't really require actual "music music" to score it. they should have gotten some buried eighties Sonic Youth out take sound scapes and sparingly dabbled them around. Hunter Gathererer and Boys of summer should do a live score to it some time, though it's probably not extreme enough for their onslaught.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back