The Irish Legal System - In favour of females? (1 Viewer)

vermilliona

(Retired)
This is just an idea that seems to me (I'm not claiming to know anything about law) that the law seems to favour women in pretty much every aspect in Ireland. This principle would appear to me to be unfair. Obviously certain crimes are more common in certain circumstances but the minority in Ireland seem to have a really hard time of it.

For example in the 'new anti female condom' thread it was mentioned about how it is much harder to prove rape of a man by a woman that the reverse.

Also the difficulty single fathers have if they want to get access to their children unless the mother is co-operative. I'm sure there are more examples I'm just wondering if people agree or disagree with me?

I stated that I didnt know anything about the law. I read a post on another thread (The anti rape condom thread) that was part of the Irish constitution. I know bits that I've read out of interest on these topics but I'm sure there are more qualified than me. Hence the question mark at the end of my question not 'statement.

My girlfriend has been studying law for the past few years and she has said that a lot of Irish law IS unfairly biased in favour of women.

Family law almost always takes the side of the woman for example in divorce cases. Its because they try and do whats best for the child and traditionally the belief is that a child is better off with its mother.

Men often get a raw deal when it comes to divorce and access to the children etc

I think there should be a system in place where men can have access to discount superhero costume hire, in the event that the courts discriminate against them

the answer is definitely not
the reasons are extensive, and available in many hundreds of books and articles available in libraries across the land.

My girlfriend has been studying law for the past few years and she has said that a lot of Irish law IS unfairly biased in favour of women.

Family law almost always takes the side of the woman for example in divorce cases. Its because they try and do whats best for the child and traditionally the belief is that a child is better off with its mother.

Men often get a raw deal when it comes to divorce and access to the children etc

I think there should be a system in place where men can have access to discount superhero costume hire, in the event that the courts discriminate against them

there may be specific instances where gender bias preferentially favours women
rape isn't one of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back