The Russian invasion of Ukraine (1 Viewer)

Tucker seems like a nice man.

"It marked a new level of infamy for Carlson, who has frequently criticized US support for Ukraine, has referred to Volodymyr Zelenskiy, the president of Ukraine, as a “Ukrainian pimp” and “rat-like”.

Carlson’s tone was less pugnacious in the interview with Putin, who he referred to as “Mr President” throughout."

Historian fren reckons the Tucker/Putin interview is worth watching, and is on YT.
Don't know if I can take it, but I might try.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

wait... the Tsar Bomba was dropped by a plane??

How the did the plane get far enough away to not get blasted? I'll have to watch that at some point I suppose.

Those hydrogen bombs are mad. There's a charge to set off a traditional explosive bomb, which is used to set off a fission bomb, which is used to set off a fusion bomb.

It's like those little dominoes knocking over increasing bigger dominoes, except everything gets evaporated.

How the did the plane get far enough away to not get blasted? I'll have to watch that at some point I suppose.

Those hydrogen bombs are mad. There's a charge to set off a traditional explosive bomb, which is used to set off a fission bomb, which is used to set off a fusion bomb.

It's like those little dominoes knocking over increasing bigger dominoes, except everything gets evaporated.
The plane that released the Tsar Bomba dropped down a kilometre in the air when it was caught by the blast shockwave (about 50km away from the blast by then) but they managed to recover and get away. It made an 8 km diameter fireball, insane shit.

Guess that's kind of why some of the Manhattan Project scientists at the start were terrified of setting the whole atmosphere on fire in an uncontrolled chain reaction

Guess that's kind of why some of the Manhattan Project scientists at the start were terrified of setting the whole atmosphere on fire in an uncontrolled chain reaction
I suppose, yeah.

I thought the yields on those yokes were pretty much guesswork. And if you're a few percent out, it's a few percent of a lot, and next thing your wings are vanishing off into the middle distance.

But yeah. Here;s me worrying about some Russian pilots 60 odd years ago, who were grand in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back