skinny puppy appreciation thread. (1 Viewer)

classic band.get a hold of some of there videos if you can.
they were ripped off by about a dozen other bands in the 90s.
"i just dont wanna know,anymore"

xsteox said:
reciently go into this band. amazing. anyone else like 'em or seen them when they played here in early 90's?

Last Rights is one of my most cherished audio recordings.

They played here in the early 90s? Don't think so cos I would have soooo been all like sooooo there. Could be rong

portrid said:
They played here in the early 90s? Don't think so cos I would have soooo been all like sooooo there. Could be rong

yeah, it was frontline assembly who played here, not skinny puppy. ooops ,my bad as the yanks do say.

2 dark park: Warped my teenage mind Deadly cover art!

too.jpg

How did this thread get so far down? Indeed T.D.P. is truely awesome. Also "Brap"

I have a blue vinyl 12" of "Bark/Natures Revenge"

Swapped a duplicate copy of Surfing on Sine Waves for it in a second hand store in Waterford when I was about 16

Best decision ever

One of the first records(as in vinyl) i bought was Mind:The Perpetual Intercourse.
I was fanatical about them around 96.Had army jacket with Skinng Puppy writtin in marker all over it.Dropping acid to the Process.Ah to be a sad 18 yr old again :) - no thanks...
I have the video collection on DVD, not great, funny stuff though.
Top fucking band.They toured last year in europe!!!!!!!!!!And released a new album too, havent heard it though.
Don`t know what they`re doing this year.

I was within a gnats pube of going over to London to see them on the Last Rites tour with Godflesh in support. I had an ad for the gig out of Meloody Maker hanging on my wall for years. Had even arranged to borrow the money from me mammy. Then Puppy pulled out of the UK leg of the tour, or something. Gutted I was.
I was a ginormous Puppy fan, and I go along with the general concensus that Last Rites was them at their best. I was disappointed with The Process, and haven't picked up the new stuff yet, although I have picked up all the Download and related stuff in the meantime. Download's Furnace is a must have for any Puppy fan worth their salt.
The Ain't It Dead Yet vid is a must too. I'd pictured them being quite serious industrial types, and was very bemused to find that they actually looked more like a drug addled Kajagoogoo side project! Apart from all the fake blood and such of course...

.but the heroin was real.....probably very good top class heroin.....only they know/knew.
You know, we had a similar thread here last year!!!!
I started one sometime myself also.

Can`t keep a good thing down.

xsteox said:
yeah, it was frontline assembly who played here, not skinny puppy. ooops ,my bad as the yanks do say.

hey what are frontline ass. like i downloaded some stuff and 99.8 is crap

ever listen to no more, suicide commando, the neon judgement? (bands)
also any front 242 stuff i hear im not so into got any song reccomondations for em??

thnks

Rimbaud said:
http://www.spvusa.com/skinnypuppy/default.html

A new Skinny Puppy live DVD!!!

Well came out last year but only found out about it myself now.

must have!must have!!!

Not too impressed with the tracklisting, seems like it might be a bit riffy for my blood. I was never a huge fan of the "metal" stuff they picked up on Rabies (damn you Al Jourgensen!). Still got Smothered Hope on there as the last song though which is good.
The extra stuff sounds deadly, footage from the Too Dark Park and Last Rites tours would go down veeeeery nicely.
But why do they keep calling it the first Puppy live video? Ain't It Dead Yet has been around for donkeys years, and I doubt this new live stuff can surpass that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back