Restaurant Recommendations (2 Viewers)

has anyone ever been to roly's bistro?im goin next week for dinner with the boys family but ive never even heard of it..whats the menu like?[/quote]

make sure you have lots of bread in roly's, they make their own and its amazing.
my brother worked there for the summer, he brought home bread all the time.
mmmmm

thanks..i'll pack in as much bread as i possibly can in honor of all of you..

and sports casual it is..i think i'll wear some tan leather string back driving gloves to offset my outfit:rolleyes:

roly's was fabulous...and the bread was yummy..but everyone was right..the whole meal was amazing...im getting hungry again just thinkin about it..those thai chicken wan tons...*drool*

went to the trocadero over the weekend ther. did the pre-theatre thing and got 2 course + coffee for €22. have to say i was very impressed. loads of veggie starters (maybe 3) ...only 1 veggie main. but it was a very tasty goats cheese filo thing. they give you a load of side dishes of stuf like mushy peas, mashed potato with chives, spinach, chips etc. had a look at the menu prices for "dinner" (after 7:30) and they looked a bit pricey.

staff great, place comfortable, very good food - in an old school way, and decently priced. i think we lowered the age profile there by about 30 years tho. loads of v neck jumpers and tweed. nice atmosphere tho. recommended.

trocadero = .|..|..been there about 3 times and its always been amazing...but everytime we've gone we have easily been the youngest there..but i like the way the staff have never patronized us even though we quite obviously arent the wealthy theatre types:rolleyes:

Went to Dunne & Crescenzi on South Frederick st for lunch. Simple Italian food, which tasted fantastic. I had a roast pork and sundried tomato panini and my sibling had minestrone and foccacia. They have some veggie stuff too, I noticed.
Staff are crazy, are all Italian, and are cool.

Cheap too; €31 for two, including 2 cappuccinos, tiramisu, and a strawberry tart thing.

ICUH8N said:
Went to Dunne & Crescenzi on South Frederick st for lunch. Simple Italian food, which tasted fantastic. I had a roast pork and sundried tomato panini and my sibling had minestrone and foccacia. They have some veggie stuff too, I noticed.
Staff are crazy, are all Italian, and are cool.

Cheap too; €31 for two, including 2 cappuccinos, tiramisu, and a strawberry tart thing.

31 is a lunchtime number beyond my artistic means. I'd have to sell at least three paintings to afford it. Then again you could always bring me as a treat

HitLikesAGirl said:
31 is a lunchtime number beyond my artistic means. I'd have to sell at least three paintings to afford it. Then again you could always bring me as a treat

OK. quick knee-trembler 'round the back of the setanta centre after?

ICUH8N said:
Went to Dunne & Crescenzi .

That place is wicked for when you want to feel like some rich cunt who drinks wine and eats olives of a warm sunny sunday evening every day. Good wine list, good snax.

We just had lunch in the Jewel in the Crown on Sth William street. Nice food, prompt service, quiet surroundings, waiters had their periods or something though. Crankier than me man.

I found out last night that the Bombay Pantry won't deliver to Rialto. I feel like the bottom has fallen out of my world.

dudley said:
really? they delivered to townsend st, which has to be as far as rialto

Yeah pricks, eh? I was in there a few weeks ago and *asked* them if they deliver to Rialto and they said yeah no problem. So then I rang them up the other night for one and they said no.

Maybe this has been covered, but the esteemed Vagina Tandoori of Georges St is now called Dinwali (or similar) and India's answer to Gary Shandling is not the man in charge any more. What this means is a) a slightly less relaxed atmosphere, b) more expensive/expansive food and c) a Michael Palin book selection nestling beside the 80's wine fridge.

All good. Too bright, too hot, but comes with my patented seal/adamski of approval

I'd forgotten that the first experience I ever had with good nachos was in the Badass. Went in there on Saturday afternoon and had their nachos and garlic mushrooms. Both really nice dishes.... in a posh eddie rockets kind of way. Good snack food.

They now have rasta beads over the entrance to cafe irie. I officially cut my ties with the place now. Let me know they get effigies of the short bald mental one hangin from the roof.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back