Studio Recommendations (1 Viewer)

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
I want to go do a day’s recording with the band and hopefully knock out an ep. I’m pretty much done with home recording. Have zero interest in doing anymore bar for for demoing and songwriting. I’m shit at it and it takes forever.

So, does anyone here have any recommendations for studios or people they’ve worked with. And also just trying to get an idea of rates.

We recorded With Tommy O'Sullivan ( Estel/ Deep in the woods 666) Few years back, out in Bray. Only had a day, and blasted through the three songs. All good

Back in the day Large Mound went to Experimental Audio (Steve Shannon) and AP Studios up the mountains. Recently The Middle Ages have been going to my friend in Navan at Full Moon Studios. That said we were back doing some home recording and it went really quite well.

I want to go do a day’s recording with the band and hopefully knock out an ep. I’m pretty much done with home recording. Have zero interest in doing anymore bar for for demoing and songwriting. I’m shit at it and it takes forever.

So, does anyone here have any recommendations for studios or people they’ve worked with. And also just trying to get an idea of rates.
Abbey Road, baby

I'm SO out of the loop.

But there is nothing wrong with the age old checking what studios bands from the locale you like are using and seeing

Do yous have an engineer in mind?

I think for you guys Tommy O'Sullivan would be great. Rian or Scan who work out of the Meadow and Shauny Cadogan would also be great.

Tommy does a mix of home studio and a couple other spots. Namely The Meadow and Hellfire. Shauny would be Hellfire or one of the STC/STP studios in Temple Bar.

Last three records I've done were Studio One with Tommy in Temple Bar, Sun with Rian in Temple Bar and Tommy in the The Meadow. All the bar the Sun session had overdubs in Tommy's home studio. Don't think the Sun session had any overdubs but we did loads of post production stuff in the Meadow.

Thanks lads. I’m definitely leaning towards Tommy O’Sullivan. I’ve heard loads of good reports about him. I also like the work he did on the latest Chrononaut and Electricals stuff. @xsteox and @moose - do ye have links to the last things ye would have recorded with him. Not everyone in the band is totally on board with this yet and they might need a bit of convincing. I’m hoping if they hear your stuff it might sway them.

Thanks lads. I’m definitely leaning towards Tommy O’Sullivan. I’ve heard loads of good reports about him. I also like the work he did on the latest Chrononaut and Electricals stuff. @xsteox and @moose - do ye have links to the last things ye would have recorded with him. Not everyone in the band is totally on board with this yet and they might need a bit of convincing. I’m hoping if they hear your stuff it might sway them.

All three of these are Tommy, I'm currently mixing with him on something new too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All three of these are Tommy, I'm currently mixing with him on something new too.

Sound, thanks for that @moose

I heard Tommy was pretty miffed at the review I gave the last ESTEL album on here (I think I singled out the production as a weak point). If he happens to read this any any point: It was nothing personal and I’ve loved stuff you’ve produced since!

Our stuff never got finished (needed guitar over dubs done, and vocals added) so all I have is the instrumentals on Google drive. For a first mix, it sounds really good mind.

I heard Tommy was pretty miffed at the review I gave the last ESTEL album on here (I think I singled out the production as a weak point). If he happens to read this any any point: It was nothing personal and I’ve loved stuff you’ve produced since!

I'll pass that on to him sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back