Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

had bad eating experiences all round this week..had mouldy pizza in milanos..it was cold and with way scabby toppings...

went to the italian across from ugc cos i was lazy and paid the price for it..the whole dinner was just yuck..

and last night went to the bad ass cafe cos i used to really like one of their starters..but they've changed it all..i got fajitas which just tasted like crap..

yuck yuck yuck..can anyone recommend anywhere that can restore my faith in dublin?

ok kids its the boys birthday this week and i want to bring him somewhere really really nice..rolys and the trocadero are out so can anyone recommend somewhere really really great?

cheers

yeah but i want somewhere which is deadly..where someone has been for a special occasion and it was amazing..not just like oh i went there and it was nice...

jeez relax aoife..

There's a little restaurant called Max's (I think, the guy who owns it is called Max, in any case) just by the arch in Dublin castle. Really small, really French, really good. Not flashy.
Chapter One on Parnell Square also rules.
Jacob's Ladder on Nassau St too.

attachment.php

nlgbbbblth said:

those prices are very reasonable for such an interesting menu.

i was in valparasio in monkstown yesterday. its improved from when i was there last, bout 5 years ago. i had a fairly decent chowder to kick off, although no mussels which is inexcusable, and a then a delicious blue fillet steak, cooked to perfection. the wine selection and service was excellent also.

Lefty Frizzell said:
i was in valparasio in monkstown yesterday. its improved from when i was there last, bout 5 years ago. i had a fairly decent chowder to kick off, although no mussels which is inexcusable, and a then a delicious blue fillet steak, cooked to perfection. the wine selection and service was excellent also.

Not a bad spot is Valpariso. Ate there a few times, most recently around 12 months ago. Great pork fillet.

I was in Franks's last night. It's in Ringsend somewhere.

It was very expensive. I had a burger that cost 16 euro!!! Nice enough. The salads are great, and some of the stuff on the menu sounded wonderful... but it was very expensive. So it can get fucked.

i went to diep again last night. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmyumyumyumyumyum. yum. soooo good. sometimes the tofu pad thai is a little dry but last night it really really hit the spot. 60 quid for the two of us and we waddled home afterwards like stomachs on little spindly legs. best dinner in ages.

this thing is on right now over here. for comparison purposes only. dont hate me. it really goes to show how rampant the profiteering is in restaurants in ireland. and vancouver has higher property and rental prices and roughly equivalent staffing costs. so the overheads argument is irrelevant. go figure.

exchange rate is $1 = .70 cents euro. gourmet 3 course meal for 17.50 yo yo.
http://www.tourismvancouver.com/visitors/dining/dineout.php

nlgbbbblth said:
I went for the burger which was tasty but not cooked enough for my liking. Very pink in the middle. I was not asked which way I wanted it cooked.

Burgers should always be cooked through, never pink. In steak, as it's a whole piece of meat the bacteria is on the surface and once it's in contact with a hot surface they are killed, even if the centre is raw. With burgers, which are micned, the bacteria are all mixed right through the meat and so you should always get it cooked 'well done'. If a restaurant asks you how you want you burger cooked, leave.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Burgers should always be cooked through, never pink. In steak, as it's a whole piece of meat the bacteria is on the surface and once it's in contact with a hot surface they are killed, even if the centre is raw. With burgers, which are micned, the bacteria are all mixed right through the meat and so you should always get it cooked 'well done'. If a restaurant asks you how you want you burger cooked, leave.

Never thought about that. Probably because I don't eat meat, but that makes sense and is good to know nonetheless.

Going out for dinner tomorrow but have no shoes to wear. Sigh. Can we have a Shoes Recommendations thread please? I want a pair of shoes that I can buy on my lunchbreak tomorrow, preferably pink, but any other bright colour will be considered. High stiletto heel a must.

nEiLo said:
I was in Franks's last night. It's in Ringsend somewhere.

It was very expensive. I had a burger that cost 16 euro!!! Nice enough. The salads are great, and some of the stuff on the menu sounded wonderful... but it was very expensive. So it can get fucked.

yeah, it's nice enough food but really pricey for what you get, and their coffee is shockingly bad. they offered us refills the one and only time i was there and we all refused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back