Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

nlgbbbblth said:
:)
I meant fry-ups - rasher, pudding etc.
Hard to get a decent cooked-to-order one nowadays unless I do it myself.

had breakfast in that new 66brasserie place on south great georges st this morning. the service is woeful (there was only one other table occupied at the time so it wasnt due to busy-ness) but the food was great. had the full breakfast thing which was around a tenner. pricey but well worth it.

nlgbbbblth said:
:)
I meant fry-ups - rasher, pudding etc.
Hard to get a decent cooked-to-order one nowadays unless I do it myself.

sunday brunch at the mermaid cafe on dame street. it's a bit expensive, but they do the best fried brekkie in town, imo. rasher, egg, mushroom, black pudding, tomato, all on a sort of potato cake thingy. they also do v. nice eggs florentine for the non-meativore.

minka said:
sunday brunch at the mermaid cafe on dame street. it's a bit expensive, but they do the best fried brekkie in town, imo. rasher, egg, mushroom, black pudding, tomato, all on a sort of potato cake thingy. they also do v. nice eggs florentine for the non-meativore.

Brunch in The Mermaid Cafe is one of the nicest presents you can give yourself on a Sunday afternoon.

Gruel is nice too. Could do with some windows, buh, if only to prevent the ironic canteen vibe from segueing into a depressing canteen vibe.

P. Littbarski said:
are there any decent greek resteraunts in dublin ?

There used to be one called Taverna in Wicklow Street, but it closed down a good few years ago. I don't think there are any other Greek places in town - there's supposed to be a nice one in Malahide, although I have never visited it personally.

anyone else check out Chez Max, that new French place next to Dublin Castle?

we couldnt get into l'whateveritscalled next to hogans (even though there seemed to be loads of empty tables) and went there instead.

brilliant food (best steak i've had in ages) and good service and good atmosphere too. also prices seemed quite daycent as well

dudley said:
grrr, south street.
i used to love that place when it was a pretend italian trattoria, absolutely loved it, but now it's a total dive. boo to it's ruination

Funnily enough a lot of people must think like that.
It was deserted for breakfast with just two or three people there for lunch.

i am full of bad feelings towards south street..last year we went there and we were waiting 45 minutes to order and then another hour before out starters came..we asked for them about 3 times..and the worst was that the manager just stood there and didnt even come over and apologise..pricks..never again..

Zeelander said:
I ask on behalf of my meat-eating counterpart...

Where in Dublin can you get a good full Irish breakfast including baked beans? He gets in quite a tizzy over the absence of beans in fry-ups whenever we dine out for brunch...

Have you tried Arnotts? Seriously...

Mermaid Café, Dame St:
Service was excellent. I suspect our waitress was a postgrad, or similar.
Food was amazing; I had a roast poussin (miniature-chicken creature) with lentils and hazzleback potatoes (no clue what they are, but tasty) and She had some duck something-or-other which was also great.
€60 for two main courses, cokes, sparkling water (limited time, due to a cinema commitment, alas)

I have just had lunch in 'Honest to Goodness' in the George's St Arcade. It was my second time there in the space of a fortnight and i highly recommend it for breakfast/brunch/lunch.

For my first visit i had a lovely breakfast sandwich type thing. Basically a focaccia with egg, rasher and pudding in it. Very tasty and not at all greasy. Today i had the same sort of thing only with chilli/chees/tomato as the filling. Both meals cost €4.95. The place is clean, relaxed, unpretentious and the service is quick and no fuss.

This place used to be called 'Pulse' or something. It is largely unchanged, but the menu has been brought up to date and it's cleaner.

ah, Probe.
Or Probe My Ass, as I used to refer to it.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
This place used to be called 'Pulse' or something. It is largely unchanged, but the menu has been brought up to date and it's cleaner.

dudley said:
grrr, south street.
i used to love that place when it was a pretend italian trattoria, absolutely loved it, but now it's a total dive. boo to it's ruination

flew in here the other day for a bit of lunch, very reasonable but didn't think much of the food though.

lemon for a crepe is always good for lunch imo

Had lunch in Howards Way, Rathgar today.
€14 two course special.

My three companions all had the chicken fillet and it looked deadly.

I went for the burger which was tasty but not cooked enough for my liking. Very pink in the middle. I was not asked which way I wanted it cooked.

Great wedges and side salad.

The cherry cheesecake dessert rocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back