Restaurant Recommendations (2 Viewers)

I did. It was a really bad idea. I was in Liffey Valley and starvated and the bagel factory was closed, so it looked like the slightly healthiest option. But it's just gross. Huge mechanically created chewy non-pitta casing, horrible pre-formed chicken pieces, gross vegetables and some gakky sauce. One was very UNimpressed.

Lefty Frizzell said:
so did you have one? i saw a bus stop ad for these and they look revolting.

got brung to dunne and crescenzi over the weekend. pros: john banville was there too, got a buke signed. food v. tasty. cons: service appalling, had to ask for everything about 3 times before i got it. portions tiny. on balance: meh.

Super Dexta said:
got brung to dunne and crescenzi over the weekend. pros: john banville was there too, got a buke signed. food v. tasty. cons: service appalling, had to ask for everything about 3 times before i got it. portions tiny. on balance: meh.
i've been there a couple of times and really enjoyed it. must've been john banville's fault.

really tasty food is a great sauce for bad service.

Had brunch in Juice. French toast was deadly (I've never had French Toast. I liked it) coffee was too sweet, which was weird.

Also, I think I'm a les now. Pretty cool.

not a restaurant as such, but i got the most amazing veggie nachos in the mexican place in that epicurean food hall joint (aka the abbey mall). yum.

pete said:
not a restaurant as such, but i got the most amazing veggie nachos in the mexican place in that epicurean food hall joint (aka the abbey mall). yum.

I had the worst nachos ever recently in the Irish Museum of Modern Art. It was like they just chucked some manky cheese sauce over a bag of doritos.

Bollocks. We're going here to night for my friends birthday. I hope it's better this time. The vegetarian menu is fairly impressive.

kirstie said:
went into sixty6 yesterday, on georges st. Place itself is nice, ate off the brunch menu which is yer average bog standard brunch menu except for the addition of things such as chicken du jour (??) and suckling pig etc. Service was good but the wait for food was unbelievable - it took them nearly an hour to bring an eggs benedict and a ceasar salad out, which is totally fucking ridiculous. That seems to be a kitchen issue though because there were loads of floor staff. I suppose it might be put down to teething problems but the thing is, the food just isn't nice enough to justify going back again, and it's over priced - 36 quid for a salad, eggs, a shared starter of 3 small pieces of bread and some hoummus and 2 cokes.

kirstie said:
went into sixty6 yesterday, on georges st. Place itself is nice, ate off the brunch menu which is yer average bog standard brunch menu except for the addition of things such as chicken du jour (??) and suckling pig etc. Service was good but the wait for food was unbelievable - it took them nearly an hour to bring an eggs benedict and a ceasar salad out, which is totally fucking ridiculous. That seems to be a kitchen issue though because there were loads of floor staff. I suppose it might be put down to teething problems but the thing is, the food just isn't nice enough to justify going back again, and it's over priced - 36 quid for a salad, eggs, a shared starter of 3 small pieces of bread and some hoummus and 2 cokes.

Yeah, had a similar experience there myself, as did Japeo. Left standing at the bar for an extra 45 mins after we'd booked a table for 8 0'clock. When we eventually had to stop the floor manager to point this out she looked at us with raised eyebrows and said ' are you sure you had a booking?' Fucks sake. I thought the food was okay, but I don't think I'll be going back there.

I rate it !bog !bog out of 5.

I'd agree with all the sixty6 comments, I've just written a review of it and it was the most disappointing eating out experience I've had in bloody ages.

The wait for the mains, which then turned out to be crap, the tasteless creme caramel dessert (ick!), piles of people hovering by the door imploring you with their eyes to finish the hell up so they can have your table.

Kirsty mentioned they have a large number of floor staff but when I asked how many chefs there were (thinking it would be a small number, hence the delays), I was told they have 12!

Very disappointed, but because it's new, central and everyone's done BarDeli to death, it will still pull in a lot of punters.

66- the food was mega meh- the three vegetarian options were: baked spaghetti with a really paltry amount of veg on it, feta and spinach filo thing, which I had- very little feta, very unremarkable taste, and finally (drum roll) Risotto! What a surprise. meh meh meh. The restaurant had to make room for us because they forgot about our booking for 12 people. It was way way way too warm in there. The waiter was extremely patronising.

thumbs down

the chicken wings in elephant and castle are the nicest ones ive ever tasted...12 yo yos for a bowl that would feed two..but the entire meal was amazing and not too expensive..

has anyone ever been to roly's bistro?im goin next week for dinner with the boys family but ive never even heard of it..whats the menu like?

muffin said:
has anyone ever been to roly's bistro?im goin next week for dinner with the boys family but ive never even heard of it..whats the menu like?

Its really good. Pretty standard fare as far as I remember .... a little bit Frenchy (it is a Bistro) but very very good .... you lucky sod

muffin said:
the chicken wings in elephant and castle are the nicest ones ive ever tasted...12 yo yos for a bowl that would feed two..but the entire meal was amazing and not too expensive..

Please......don't say yo yos...I beg of you....

i like yo yos..its better than joeys or blips as i heard the other day:)

and thanks for the heads up on rolys hugh..but just one question?how should i dress?fancy?casual?or somewhere inbetween?

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back