Restaurant Recommendations (2 Viewers)

I went to that new indian place on montague street off wexford st last friday. Indian ocean i think it was called. I was on my own and the place was empty so i felt a bit like jerry seinfeld in the pakistani restaurant. The manager kept coming over and talking to me even when my mouth was full and he must have bad mouthed every indian restaurant in dublin.

It was ok i suppose but not much better than a good takeaway in fairness. Great value though.

Poppadoms, two very small but tasty meat samosas, beef rogan, pilau, sweet bread and 2 beers for €25.

I discovered yesterday evening that Juice on Georges hasn't let go of it's 'Most Mediocre Inoffensive but Just Not Better Than Average Vegetarian Restaurant (Particularly Given the Prices) Ever' title. Tofutti* is tasty but. (*cue canned laughter)

I discovered yesterday evening that Juice on Georges hasn't let go of it's 'Most Mediocre Inoffensive but Just Not Better Than Average Vegetarian Restaurant (Particularly Given the Prices) Ever' title. Tofutti* is tasty but. (*cue canned laughter)

The tofutti is indeed tasty. And the atmosphere is good, but it's too bad the food is only passable. Mine needed a fair bit of salt, and even then, it wasn't fantastic. I liked the textures, and while the flavours were nice, they were actually quite weak.

i only ever go there for the early bird, which is actually quite good value (if they're still doing it). the food really isn't worth the prices you pay for it on the full-price dinner malarkey.

I've been in a stand-off with juice ever since the day of mourning that followed the 9/11 attacks, when everything was closed in town except Juice and they sort of looked me over and then said 'mmmmmmm nah, we don't have a table for you' even though I'm pretty sure that those empty tables hadn't been mass-booked by someone planning a day of mourning party.

We had a great meal in an Indian restaurant on Temple Lane last night. It's open til 5am. I wish I could recall the name of it. I had a vindaloo and it was the hottest meal I've ever had, my eyes were watering. It was great! Meal for two inc rice, naan, chips, 2 glasses of milk and a bottle of house red cost 45 euro. I'm gonna check the name of it later.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHIIIIIIIIPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSS???

i hope you were langers.

Went to malotti for lunch, after reading about it in this thread (thanks thread) - two delicious and well presented courses + coffee for €8.45. Amazing.

The do an all-day set menu on sunday for €16.75 if any of you are heading on a cheap date together. Don't buy the large bottle of cobra beer (€8 or something).

Set menus include at least one veggie option by the way.

molatti is the dogs. have to go there again soon.

on the cobra things though....the small bottles of cobra are normally around 4.50 right?

Yeah the small bottles are €4.50 or so.

I went to Aqua in Howth yesterday for a family thing. €30 for starter, main, dessert and coffee. we had a lovely big table overlooking the sea. The restaurant was relaxed with very friendly staff - we left about half an hour after everyone else (it was a lunch) but not a peep out of the management.

I had toulouse sausage (that's the one they do in gruel and le gueleton) and beans to start with haddock in a tempura batter and chips the size of fingers as main course. Food was all very nice and the menu had a couple on interesting choices, but still mainstream enough which is fair enough for sunday dinner.

I think they do early bird as well. we walked from howth to sutton along burrow beach afterwards which is a great way to shake off the chips.

4/5 for the meal; 5/5 for the day.

Went to La Trattoria on Quay Street in Glaway. Got a parma ham, rocket and some sort of cheese panini. It came out soggy and cold, was probably let stand for an age before being brought out. Was with family who got pasta, pizza and bruschetta, all said theirs was fine, got a jug of wine which i'm told was slightly pricey and utter plonk. Won't be going back.

I had the loveliest fry ever in bewley's this morning. Rasher, sausage, tomatoes, potato farl, ebony and ivory pudding, poached egg, toast and coffee for €11 or so. You can get cheaper frys all right, but this one wasn't greasy and the ingredients were top quality.

I'd like to dedicate this post to nngggbbllltthhh.

I had the loveliest fry ever in bewley's this morning. Rasher, sausage, tomatoes, potato farl, ebony and ivory pudding, poached egg, toast and coffee for €11 or so. You can get cheaper frys all right, but this one wasn't greasy and the ingredients were top quality.

I'd like to dedicate this post to nngggbbllltthhh.

Mmmmm.
Which Bewleys?

I'll be up next weekend, may avail of this.

I was in the Farm for lunch yesterday. It was okay. I had a burger and the GF had stuffed aubergine. It's a lovely place - nice lighting and decor - but I wont be in a hurry back.
Still, I'll add it to the "Places to Bring my Mam" list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back