Radioheads flicks the iFinger to iTunes (1 Viewer)

ordered DISCBOX.

printed off an order confirmation but didn't get one by email

Unicron?

I got one, yours is probably stuck in the tubes. You should get a username and password a couple of days beforehand with the way to download your free digital copy one the 10th.

waste's confirmation e-mail to me said:
Discbox customers.

You goods will be shipped on or before 3rd December 2007 by post.
Information regarding the download (included with the Discbox) as per below.

Download customers.

You will receive a further e-mail shortly before the 10th October detailing your username and activation code. The e-mail will also provide the link to the download area.

We value your custom.

so the DISCBOX is only available from the website? not in the shops?

Yep. It certainly looks like it.

Although, I'm not sure why there is such a long gap between the 10th oct. and a regular physical CD version being 'available in the shops' (2008). I don't think that means the discbox, it sounds like just a regular cd. Something for the labels to squabble over. Besides, retailers usually hate strange shapes and box collections. Anything that mucks up their shelf space usually pisses them off..

I wonder whether they will buy in some serious webspace and bandwidth for the 10th of october or whether they will go with a private bit torrent to speed up or even just handle the sheer volume of download requests......

Radiohead in groundbreaking internet move, pay what you want* for our download.

*as long as you pay 45 cent which will insure we recoup any supposed loses and amount to us getting untold free advertising from people fool hardy enough to believe that Radiohead are anything but another cog in the music industry.

My God I hate Radiohead.

I paid 00.00 simply to test it out and it got confirmed as a proper order. Didn't even ask for CC details. Got my email confirmation too.

That said if I like the album I will shell out for the CD or even the Discbox for the vinyl. I think it's an absolutely amazing way to distribute an album.

HANG ON. Someone linked the press release somewhere here and it that Warner are working with them? So they're still signed to a major?

they were never on warner though,they were on parlophone (part of emi)
they're still independent but they might sign a distribution deal of some sort

The warner/chapell mention was just their publishing as opposed to label.
You're right Mel they'll have to get some sort of distribution if they're putting it in shops after Christmas.

HANG ON. Someone linked the press release somewhere here and it that Warner are working with them? So they're still signed to a major?

It's plausible that warners might be bidding for the license for In Rainbows the (traditional) CD version...which is due out early 2008 apparantly.

The general rule of licensing thumb is that Warners are great for the USA. not so good uk/europe and it's the opposite for EMI. Although, I'm not sure what the relationship is like between Radiohead and EMI. Either way, I can see them flooding the bargain buckets early 2008 with older Radiohead catalogue...or worse..a greatest (milking the) hits comp.

anyone interested in how much people are paying for the downloadable version, there's an online survey here:

http://www.whatpricedidyouchoose.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back