Question for the gals of thumped (1 Viewer)

i think the guy i go to is around 80 just for a cut, though it's less for a more junior person in the same salon.

i can go aaaaaages between his haircuts without it looking awful, though (no smart comments from anyone who's seen me recently), so i think it's worth it.

At least it's not over 100. It just kills me since I have pin straight thin hair that takes all of 3 minutes to cut.

WTF???

I've had hat hair, frightwig hair, and a nice mid-seventies footballer curly mullet. When I start looking like King Charles II I know it's time for a trim (right about now, actually).

yanno, triangle head hair. what happens if someone was to, say, give me a chin-length bob without any layers in it - the hair starts fairly narrow at the top and gets wider and wider, in manner of a triangle.

yanno, triangle head hair. what happens if someone was to, say, give me a chin-length bob without any layers in it - the hair starts fairly narrow at the top and gets wider and wider, in manner of a triangle.

alice.gif

It just kills me since I have pin straight thin hair that takes all of 3 minutes to cut.

If you just want a bob and have straightforward hair, why not just go to a aul wan's salon? I think there's one on Manor St that Kirstie recommended and also probably the place Jane got her wedding hair done. Last time, I got a bob in an aul wan's place (2006) I think it was €30.

If you just want a bob and have straightforward hair, why not just go to a aul wan's salon? I think there's one on Manor St that Kirstie recommended and also probably the place Jane got her wedding hair done. Last time, I got a bob in an aul wan's place (2006) I think it was €30.

Who is Kristie?

aww thanks guyz.
aul wan salons are great for a quick blow dry and very very basic stuff, I reckon. My new fancy fave place to go is Queen on Aungier st though - ace.

PS: the last hairdresser set loose on my locks was Nicky Clarke. No word of a lie.

I go to a place called momento in Galway, even though I live in Kildare..we're running a competition at the paper at the moment, to find the best hairdresser in kildare www.kildare-nationalist.ie/goldenscissors funnily enough, but I haven't gone to any here.

I go there too... I live in Galway now but am moving and think I'll still go there. Barry the guy that owns it, is brilliant at cutting, as in I never have to do much with my hair if I have it cut regularly. Can't recommend this place enough and not too expensive either

Okay, this is the second time someone has suggested this place. I will check it out. Is it 50-75 range or over 75 euro for just a cut?

My sis recommends this ozlo place too.

I cut my own hair.

My aunty cuts my hair, usually in my nanny's kitchen. I can ask her if she can fit you in you like, otherwise all my mates go to Zeba on South William Street and their hairs not so ugly.

I go to Zoo on Exchequer Street and it ain't cheap.

But Helena beat me to it! The lady I went to for my wedding was pretty great, and I'd say she'd be really happy to cut your hair. She mostly does aul wan styles, but she seems to enjoy being able to pull out the 60s styles. She got really into doing the beehives because hardly anyone ever asks for them anymore.

She's deadly! Also, she talks even more than I do. For real.

Her name is Margaret and I just sent you her number.

But Helena beat me to it! The lady I went to for my wedding was pretty great, and I'd say she'd be really happy to cut your hair. She mostly does aul wan styles, but she seems to enjoy being able to pull out the 60s styles. She got really into doing the beehives because hardly anyone ever asks for them anymore.

Speaking of vintage hair, I was looking for something on YouTube the other day and found all these tutorials for doing vintage hair, like so:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Deadly stuff. I just wish I had more hair. :(

She's deadly! Also, she talks even more than I do. For real.

Her name is Margaret and I just sent you her number.

Talks more than you? Thanks for the text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back