Question for the gals of thumped (3 Viewers)

I also need a haircut

my hair is horribly indie right now and I hate it

anyone wanna cut it for me?

i go to nicki in pzazz in stillorgan. she's lovely and it's 60 for a cut.

I've been there before, she set my hair in finger waves.

I also need a haircut

my hair is horribly indie right now and I hate it

anyone wanna cut it for me?

I think if you get one of you're mates to cut your hair it'll end up even more indie, asymmetrical no doubt.

i have that bookmarked on Firefox from a few months ago!!!! i was looking for how to do victory rolls and came across it. hers was the best of the videos that came up i reckon. she;s deadly!

Speaking of vintage hair, I was looking for something on YouTube the other day and found all these tutorials for doing vintage hair, like so: YouTube - 1940s Hair in Under 5 Minutes (Tutorial)

Deadly stuff. I just wish I had more hair. :(

Heh, I'm convinced the guy I often see standing outside that place with the 80's permed mullet is Garrett Stevens himself. Tell me it is!
Well Garrett has very curly hair, though last time I saw him it was short! I'm going this evening so I will report back on Monday!

Matt is chubby and orange: his best friend has a tanning booth in her bedroom.

Reading some of the comments above, and the fact that I'm charged only €40, I think Garrett Stevens is an aul wans' salon. :(

I go to Zoo on Exchequer Street and it ain't cheap.

But Helena beat me to it! The lady I went to for my wedding was pretty great, and I'd say she'd be really happy to cut your hair. She mostly does aul wan styles, but she seems to enjoy being able to pull out the 60s styles. She got really into doing the beehives because hardly anyone ever asks for them anymore.

She's deadly! Also, she talks even more than I do. For real.

Her name is Margaret and I just sent you her number.

your wedding hair was all kinds of awesome, incidentally.

your wedding hair was all kinds of awesome, incidentally.

Since it was all her work and I had nothing to with it beyond pointing to my head and asking, "How big can you make it?" I think I can agree with you without coming off as vain.

It was also all kinds of fun to wear. In a way, I enjoyed the 'trial' even more because I just had the beehive with my everyday clothes.

I go to Zeba on South William St, it's about 75 euro for a cut. It badly needs to be done now but I'm waiting till the end of the month cos money's too tight to mention this month..groan....

Just got my haircut in the new local place. I'm still trying to decide whether it's good or bad. Yer woman was all confidence and I didn't want yet another bob, so I just let her do what she wanted.

It's a total fashion cut and I reckon it'll be fucked after I wash it - there's no chance of me getting it the same with my blow drying skills.

I think I look a bit Emo as well. I have one of them fringes.

And I'm not sure whether I look younger or older now. I need HMD to come home to get a second opinion.

All the hairdressers were extremely fat. None of them realised I was pregnant until I said it to yer woman drying my hair and they were all completely gobsmacked :p

Just got my haircut in the new local place. I'm still trying to decide whether it's good or bad. Yer woman was all confidence and I didn't want yet another bob, so I just let her do what she wanted.

It's a total fashion cut and I reckon it'll be fucked after I wash it - there's no chance of me getting it the same with my blow drying skills.

I think I look a bit Emo as well. I have one of them fringes.

And I'm not sure whether I look younger or older now. I need HMD to come home to get a second opinion.

All the hairdressers were extremely fat. None of them realised I was pregnant until I said it to yer woman drying my hair and they were all completely gobsmacked :p

I thought it was a no no to dye your hair when you were pregnant?

I still need a haircut. I look like a big stringy mess with ribbons about. Where is this fatty local? Prices? Let me know how it goes tomorrow. I stick with the bob because I do fuck all with my hair. Shower, maybe brush and dry (without looking) if I have time. No frills here.

I thought it was a no no to dye your hair when you were pregnant?

I still need a haircut. I look like a big stringy mess with ribbons about. Where is this fatty local? Prices? Let me know how it goes tomorrow. I stick with the bob because I do fuck all with my hair. Shower, maybe brush and dry (without looking) if I have time. No frills here.

I didn't get me hair dyed today. Although I did it a couple of months ago myself. Dying your hair is grand while pregnant - it's getting perms is bad. I use stuff out of the health food shop anyways, there's no peroxide in it.

i'll let you know how i get on by myself with the 'styling' :)

1000900202lj.jpg
I used to have my hair like this, they did it for me in Lunatic Fringe, prolly my best ever haircut although very high maintenance especially since I was blonde at the time.

How is the hair working out, Diddles? I am getting mine cut in an hour and I am still deciding how short I am gonna go.

Just saw this post :)

Hair's still ok, she did a good cut, but it needs to be blow dryed and also a bit of product added. Putting stuff in your hair means you can't get a couple of days out of it though.

Is your's mad short now?

Just saw this post :)

Hair's still ok, she did a good cut, but it needs to be blow dryed and also a bit of product added. Putting stuff in your hair means you can't get a couple of days out of it though.

Is your's mad short now?

No, I chickened out. I have been growing it so long now that it seemed a shame to chop it all off when it was almost "long". I've had short hair ever since I shaved my head bald at 17. Never been longer than chin length until recently. I just got about 3 inches taken off, which it really needed. It sits at my chin again.

I must say, that Ozlo place is pretty damn good. Best haircut I have ever had. Mostly because I can get out of the shower and go without the need to do anything and it looks the exact same as if I sat there and blew dry it and put lots of junk in it. I probably should have let her put some layers in the back but I like the idea that I can still pull it back when it annoys me. All in all, pretty pleased. Now I can go another 7-9 months without a haircut.

Although, I am sick of the black hair. If I chop it all off, I could start over and just let my white hair grow. I should stop fighting it.

White hair is cool.

I suppose being a guy though, any hair after 30 is cool

White hair is cool.

I suppose being a guy though, any hair after 30 is cool

If I had natural black hair I would have no problem letting it go salt & pepper. I'm a blonde though and the roots are a darkish brown. It would take a bit of length for it to even itself out to light hair. So growing out black, to medium brown to blonde/white would look terrible. I'm stuck.

Well until I really don't care anymore and just wear track suits 24/7...which to be honest, isn't too far off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back