Question for the gals of thumped (4 Viewers)

I've had a white streak at the front in my hair for years but could never grow it as I'd have to let all the dye grow out and my hair doesn't grow very fast. It looks crap when it's only an inch long so I keep dying it. I've streaks at the sides now as well.

grow that streak

Caryn.jpg

imelda.jpg

I've had a white streak at the front in my hair for years but could never grow it as I'd have to let all the dye grow out and my hair doesn't grow very fast. It looks crap when it's only an inch long so I keep dying it. I've streaks at the sides now as well.

Exactly. I've thought about getting my hair stripped, which would probably kill it and going platinum blonde. That way when it does grow in it would kind of match. I just can't imagine myself a blonde again though.

reviving this old thread as I've recently moved to Dublin and baaaaadly need a haircut. A nice, messy layered one that isn't emo or one of those mullets that every teenage boy between the ages of 13-16 appears to have here.
And one that won't cost a lot. And that suits very fine/flat hair. (Er picky much? ;) )
Any suggestions? :D Ozlo's still good?

reviving this old thread as I've recently moved to Dublin and baaaaadly need a haircut. A nice, messy layered one that isn't emo or one of those mullets that every teenage boy between the ages of 13-16 appears to have here.
And one that won't cost a lot. And that suits very fine/flat hair. (Er picky much? ;) )
Any suggestions? :D Ozlo's still good?

Zeba on South William Street is good!:)

there's a chinese hairdressers on parnell st thats about 20-25 for a W,C,&BD, if you know what you want its fine, just make sure they understand what you're going for.

Really?is yr hair naturally dark?I have gone to a girl called Mary a few times, cuts are expensive, around 70euro I think but when I had shorter hair she was the only one I'd trust!

thanks hon! I think we have similar hair - if I stopped dyeing it it would be the same colour as yours too :) (edit: your hair isn't flat!!!)
how much is a cut? and any stylist you'd recommend? I miss my guy in Galway but won't be there for a while.

there's one on Thomas St too, near where I live...but I'm so picky and prone to over-complicating things that I'm not sure if I should do it...like: "I'm trying to grow it, but it needs layers. Can you layer it without making it really short? and can you make my fringe heavier and more layered? without it being too short? and while you're at it can you make it look a bit more volumised? but it needs to be something that I can just wash and blowdry and not spend much time on...."
;)

CPR: yeah I'm naturally brunette but it looks awfully dead on me and I prefer being blonde. But every few months I threaten to go back to brown, just to save money. Been some shade of blonde for nearly ten years....

I got a cut I'm really pleased with in this place http://sitstil.com/ it's makes my thick hair with a kink sit nicely with no work. the only instructions he got were: 'not boy short, cause i'll look like my little bro' and maybe a style that will make my head appear larger without swallowing up my face"

They use all fancy products and constantly offer choc biccies and coffees and juice.
the only thing that would stop me going back was that the paddle brush he took out was far from clean- it had blond hair hanging off it!:eek:
probably won't be going back. Shame.

I live in Swords so it probably doesnt suit but I found Sharon from Peter Marks brilliant. She was recommended to me by a friend so it was a safe option. She's as good as Barry in Momento even :)

Not terribly near but I had a brilliant cut in Tibo in Malahide a while ago. Queen on Awnn-jeee-ay street are also fab.

I can't believe it costs around €50 here for a haircut!! it's about €35 in Kildare (where I work). Maybe I'm going to just have to never cut my hair again and bleach it at home. I may never be able to leave the house.

Or, I could find some new best friends who are hairdressers....hmmm. :D I'm so tempted to give that chinese place on Thomas St a bash, but afraid I may regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back