not having kids (2 Viewers)

Christ. That's depressing. I'm sure a lot of people would make good parents but wouldn't necessarily have that amount of ready cash.

It is. They go over your financial status and complete background. If you don't have a high enough income in relation to any debt you may have = no kid for you. Most of the time that debt could be something like college loans in the states. Off topic a bit but see below....no, I am not bitter. ;)

Take Emily Weinberg, 23, of Fairfax, Va. Weinberg graduated last year from Ithaca College in New York with a bachelor's degree in cinema and photography. Her student-loan debt exceeds $130,000.

When she was admitted to Ithaca, Weinberg says, she thought she'd qualify for a scholarship that would have covered most of her costs. She didn't get the scholarship. Yet, her parents' income and savings were too high for her to qualify for financial aid.

Her parents had saved more than $97,000 for her college education. But when the tech bubble burst in 2000, their college savings shrank to $23,000. With interest rates low, Weinberg borrowed.

Now, Weinberg, who works as a Web-content administrator in the Washington, D.C., area, devotes $1,200 of her $2,100 monthly take-home pay to her student loans. She lives with her boyfriend, who helps cover rent and other expenses. (Weinberg says she's required to pay only $791 a month toward her loans, but that would cover only the interest and would make her total balance expand even more.) Her dream of starting a photography studio remains just that — a dream. "This is not at all what I wanted to be," she says.

Christ. That's depressing. I'm sure a lot of people would make good parents but wouldn't necessarily have that amount of ready cash.

especially after many goes at IVF at €8000 a go (including travel - time off work etc)

Also the process takes so many years you just have to save.

Out of curiosity, how many males would consider a woman differently if they knew she could have children? Meaning, would you find her less attractive or a less suitable mate after finding out? Of course, knowing early in the relationship not after years of being together.

Out of curiosity, how many males would consider a woman differently if they knew she could have children? Meaning, would you find her less attractive or a less suitable mate after finding out? Of course, knowing early in the relationship not after years of being together.

Think of the contracption savings.

Could have children or couldn't have children? It would be very important to me, as I want to have children, but I couldn't comment on how I would feel if I was in love with a woman who couldn't have children. Also, when would be an appropriate time to divulge such information? Equally applicable to infertile men I hasten to add.

Could have children or couldn't have children? It would be very important to me, as I want to have children, but I couldn't comment on how I would feel if I was in love with a woman who couldn't have children. Also, when would be an appropriate time to divulge such information? Equally applicable to infertile men I hasten to add.

Good question.

I was thinking in terms of medically not being able to carry a child to term.

Out of curiosity, how many males would consider a woman differently if they knew she could have children?

Could have children or couldn't have children? It would be very important to me, as I want to have children,

adoption?

just cause you can't physically have kids doesn't mean you can't be a parent

I heard there's a massive. watng list and some fairly onerous requrements which, if applied to the entire. populaton, would decimate the country in a couple of generatons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back