Ireland (2 Viewers)

It is SUV land in tractor form out here though. Those things are about 1/4 million euro now and easily sit at 60kmh. All the old walls around the place end up getting fucked up by them during siliage season. Farms are contract projects now so farmers don't essentially own their own machinery as much now, and hire them for harvest only so the people driving them more or less are encouraged to drive as fast as possible to fit more contracts in the harvest window. Intensification at it's worst.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the health and safety authority: 'people of ireland, we are unable to guarantee your safety on the roads because people driving fucking enormous vehicles can't be trusted. best stay at home and lock your doors'.

turns out this was a 'miscommunication'.

Insurance is causing smaller events all over the place to be cancelled right now. Government has done absolutely fuck all to try and stop it - they won't give a shit until it hits a big name event.

Insurance is causing smaller events all over the place to be cancelled right now. Government has done absolutely fuck all to try and stop it - they won't give a shit until it hits a big name event.
This seems like a blackmail thing - "we won't take out insurance on the event til you accede to our demands"

The article is kind of not too clear though

I read in the local paper yesterday that a fox hunt I never heard of had to be disbanded as no one would would give them insurance any more under any circumstances.
in further good news the hunt had over 5,000 left in their account which was donated to Trocaire and SVP.

i had actually heard that mentioned as a way of shutting down a hunt in north county dublin - for someone to make a claim against them and that'd almost guarantee they'd not get cover come next renewal.
they were apparently known for entering land where they'd been explicitly informed they were not to enter - that alone would have been a red flag for an insurance company, were it to be proved.

my wife usually has harsh words for how they treat their horses too.
The poor dogs get the worst of it, I think.
I have seen them en masse loaded into trailers and it always looks grim.

People who grow up around horses make up the bulk of equestrian, horse racing / hunt folks. They don't know any different.

A road a few miles from me goes into a forestry where about a mile away from houses, a hunt keeps their dogs about 150 metres of that forestry track.

Someone who seems have learning difficulties was looking after the dogs.
He was living in a caravan on site and he seemed to have nowhere else to go.

A relative of that lad died suddenly (lovely man who everyone misses) and his brother was due to get his house.
But his brother gave it to lad who was looking after the hunt dogs who now has somewhere decent to live.

The very kind guy who gave him the house lives in small one bed council house himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back