Ireland (2 Viewers)

I've often longed to be called a culchie but all I ever get is nordie.
I've always hated that word. I'm not offended but it, it's just a stupid word and it makes people sound stupid with their stupid southern accents

Dipped my toe in the responses to a tweet from the Indo or Sindo about the rise of the far right in Ireland over the weekend.

Interesting to see the views of people who are very not my group. Lots of "not far right, just right by far" type responses by people raging about the liberal left media (again, the independent group), totally at odds with the framing of it from people I'd know and tend to agree with who'd have a lot to say about neoliberal tory rags.

The far left is running, and ruining this country apparently.

I am a Dub, but I am kinda down with this
We shouldn't other the nordies any more than the Brits already have

They're us, we're them

They just talk funny

And you fantastically missed the point. As much as I agree with what you're saying for the most part. The Irish of the free state outside of the province of Ulster and perhaps north Louth have othered the people of Northern Ireland (and Ulster) as much as if not more than the British have. Like most Brits see everyone from NI as Irish.

I'm a Dub but don't really consider myself a proper Dub because I have culchie parents.
I've never taken out a loan / many loans from the credit union either.

The Irish of the free state outside of the province of Ulster and perhaps north Louth have othered the people of Northern Ireland (and Ulster) as much as if not more than the British have
Nah, I get it

The Brits drew the line, and ran off
And the south played along
All during the 80s and 90s - as far as my memory stretches - the south acted as if all the fighting was happening somewhere else
Somewhere other than just up the road on our island like

Mainland Brits don't have a clue, mostly because they don't give a shit

Nah, I get it

The Brits drew the line, and ran off
And the south played along
All during the 80s and 90s - as far as my memory stretches - the south acted as if all the fighting was happening somewhere else
Somewhere other than just up the road on our island like

Mainland Brits don't have a clue, mostly because they don't give a shit

Sorry I didn't explain the point that you missed, thought I'd let you try again. It was about being called a nordie when you're not from Northern Ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back