General election 2020 (10 Viewers)

Say what you want about the Sinners, their party political broadcast thing is easily the funniest of the lot just because it has this hilarious horn version of Come Out Ye Black And Tans at the start of it

This occurred to me a bit over the last while where people are adamant to punish those who campaigned against repealing the 8th, regardless of what their other policies might be. One the one hand that's a complete distraction from the issues that are being fought out now. On the other, fuck them.

On one hand I'm a bit MOVE ON FUCKS SAKE PLANET TO SAVE and on the other hand some of the really terrifying feminists I know were looking at it and saying that the reversals on abortion in the USA are the seeds that might bring in reversed legislation in ireland down the line, which obvs would be much easier to do if the gov majority was made up of repeal opposition.

On one hand I'm a bit MOVE ON FUCKS SAKE PLANET TO SAVE and on the other hand some of the really terrifying feminists I know were looking at it and saying that the reversals on abortion in the USA are the seeds that might bring in reversed legislation in ireland down the line, which obvs would be much easier to do if the gov majority was made up of repeal opposition.

There was a picture doing the rounds in the past week of all the TDs from FF that were against repeal. There's still a lot of them

Speaking of which, am I wrong to be a little worried at how well Justin Barrett's National Party might do? Fair few candidates up.

Speaking of which, am I wrong to be a little worried at how well Justin Barrett's National Party might do? Fair few candidates up.

Just counted ten on the website, 2-3 have the kind of profile that gets votes. It'll be interesting what the market is for them, if they returned all ten they'd probably make a handy DUP style crutch for FG/FF, who will slowly digest them, 1-2 will stick around as indies and the rest is history.

Though i have been wrong.

Watched the complete headache that was tonights debate. Here is the summary of how parties responded to questions about coalition.

FG: No to SF, no to FF unless brexit is happening (it did).

FF: I swear I cant tell what he is saying, amazing politispeak.

LAB: Priority for GR, LAB, SD, PBP

SF + PBP: No support for FF/FG, priority for left alliance

SD + GR: Open to all post election.

I know that....just imagining his reaction to an openly gay, mixed race guy running his party.

Last edited:
Yep it was a bit shouty at the start which I missed what did say at one point "after the break we will come back to love island"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back