General election 2020 (6 Viewers)

Yep. Scary shit. Although I live in Tipp, I vote in Limerick. They won't be getting any numbers from me.

They'd send you home.

Apparently one of the teachers is only a teacher inasmuch as she is married to Justin Barrett (second wife, and him against divorce) and homeschools her/their kids.

It's genuinely really difficult to listen to the lads talk politics, as I know, 90% of them would be Trump voters (if in the US) and another 5% would say they dislike Trump but when you hear them actually talk, their true feelings slip out. I actually had to leave the room for a few minutes after they brought up "Syrians moving in." I'm constantly flipping from "bite your tongue" and "burn your bridges" because I know I lost a few patrons after wearing my Repeal jumper for a solid week before the referendum. Worth it though, especially after the church brought in some woman to talk about how abortion is a sin and handing out ridiculous leaflets to the whole parish.

Oh, and posters were taken down a few km away last week because a woman didn't want any posters of politicians who were pro-abolishing the 8th up near her house. She made her son go out and take them down. Is that not a criminal offence?

Sorry to hear all that Jill. For what it's worth, Castleknock is mostly a solid pro-life area as well, these pricks are everywhere.

Independent Mattie McGrath has said he is seeking legal advice in a bid to avoid a postponement in the constituency.

If that is not possible he says he would go to the courts to seek to delay the election in all constituencies.

fucksake

i would assume that a sensible option would be that if all other candidates are happy to proceed, game on.
also, the fact that she's non-party means that there's probably no other person waiting in the wings to take her place.

too bad they're not running enough candidates
Yeah
But they'll be surplus central
You'd hope the Greens and SDs and the rest would benefit - but who knows?

EVen another FFG confidence & supply would be good - in the long term -as it would cement the idea of them as being the same, and the true opposition being the left

There's a couple of parties in govt who would probably love a delay in the election right now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

SF up and a vague assumption that PBP rose after the debate which is the other 2 of the 6 dropped across the parties, meaning maybe 10-12 indies are needed of 28 to form a left alliance.

Labour might be deciding this one tbh. I've seen a few indies extending twitter olive branches to SF already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back