Anyone not at Daniel Johnston? (2 Viewers)

Are you kidding!!!?????
Have you never been at a gig before whereby the audiance screams when the main act simply walk out on stage???
Has he not earned that kind of reaction? Course he has! Jaysus.
Ter talkin out of your arse scutter

not screams like that. Just seemed a bit OTT to me. Some people were standing up for jaysis sake.

not screams like that. Just seemed a bit OTT to me. Some people were standing up for jaysis sake.

I stood up, applauded and "whooped". I was exicted to finally see him. You got a problem with fans?

I really dont get your point

If I had been asked beforhand what would I love to hear it would have been Greviances, Living Life, Life in Vain so this bit was absolutely fantastic.

For anyone who's interested, the songs that were actually in the planned setlist that Daniel skipped over were
*Tell Me Now
*You've got to hide your love away
*Devil Town
*The Beatles
*Casper The Friendly Ghost

For anyone who's interested, the songs that were actually in the planned setlist that Daniel skipped over were
*Tell Me Now
*You've got to hide your love away
*Devil Town
*The Beatles
*Casper The Friendly Ghost

The only way he could have made the night any deadlier was if he played those songs. But it was deadly enough for me.

How many of those songa were to have been with you ronan?

How many of those songa were to have been with you ronan?

We soundchecked versions of The Beatles and Casper with him (with Daniel improvv'ing a keyboard solo on Casper), but then he just skipped past those lyric pages (without telling us!) during the set.

Yeah I don't understand how the crowd were being patronising (though i wasn't there) by applauding earnestly. Surely restraint due to a fear that over-exuberance would be patronising would be equally as patronising if not more so??Wait I'm confusing myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back