Any wrestling fans? (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A few months ago I thought there was no chance I'd have any interest in WrestleMania but then heel Rock arrived. He's done a few unbelievably great promos on Twitter recently. Then he goes on Smackdown and does a toned down version which is still great.

A few months ago I thought there was no chance I'd have any interest in WrestleMania but then heel Rock arrived. He's done a few unbelievably great promos on Twitter recently. Then he goes on Smackdown and does a toned down version which is still great.

I have morbid curiosity to see the Rock stuff but I haven’t seen any of the promos or whatnot from Raw or SD, I just don’t care about WWE anymore. I subbed to the Network again to watch the Rumble and it was fine and no more, which is a sad thing to say about the Royal Rumble. I’m back to watching old WCW stuff there instead.

Anyway, AEW has more than enough for me. I still haven’t watched last week’s Dynamite, let alone Collision, and I’m a couple of weeks behind on ROH too.

Instagram shoved some Reel at me this week
And it's this adult with down syndrome talking with his sister/carer in a restaurant
She's telling him he can do anything and what this guy really wants to do is fight Ric Flair "beat him up"
And it's funny as fuck
Cos she's telling him that Ric is old old old and that he (her brother) can't be in the WWF or whatever
But this is what this guy wants.

It's very funny that this guy wants to beat the piss out of a septuagenarian or whatever
Because who says that sincerely? Even if he does have Downs?

But really my takeaway is that millions (Millions!) of grown men lay in bed at night thinking/wishing/imagining they were Tom Brady or Cristiano Ronaldo or LeBron James or Tyson Fury or whoever
And they never tell a fucking soul. Thanks fuck.

But with this guy, you know where you are with him. He wants to batter the Nature Boy. And he's okay with it. And his sister is okay with it.
And it's all good.

Second takeaway is that wrestling is very weird in teh grip it gets on people.

Anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back