Any wrestling fans? (1 Viewer)

Not sure how much I'm being followed around the internet, but this came up on YT:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not that into wrestling, I certainly don't recall ever searching for stuff. In fact this match might have been the point where I stopped watching it all those years ago. I'm shocked at how on the fly this all was, I thought it was all highly planned and choreographed. Nope.

Not sure how much I'm being followed around the internet, but this came up on YT:

I'm not that into wrestling, I certainly don't recall ever searching for stuff. In fact this match might have been the point where I stopped watching it all those years ago. I'm shocked at how on the fly this all was, I thought it was all highly planned and choreographed. Nope.

Ah there’s a lot of self-mythologising about this match. Whatever they say about it, the top of the cage was meant to give way. The chair hitting him in the face, though? That much they didn’t expect.

Ah there’s a lot of self-mythologising about this match. Whatever they say about it, the top of the cage was meant to give way. The chair hitting him in the face, though? That much they didn’t expect.

But I mean, in general, it depends on the wrestlers. Some are meticulous planners; Macho Man used to script his matches move for move! Others ‘call it in the ring’ and only know the finish (who’s winning, and maybe how) and how much time they’ve got. Most are somewhere in between (they know what big ‘spots’ or moments will happen, but how they get from bit to bit is often improvised).

But I mean, in general, it depends on the wrestlers. Some are meticulous planners; Macho Man used to script his matches move for move! Others ‘call it in the ring’ and only know the finish (who’s winning, and maybe how) and how much time they’ve got. Most are somewhere in between (they know what big ‘spots’ or moments will happen, but how they get from bit to bit is often improvised).

Believe these days the refs have ear pieces on the TV shows and can relay instructions from whoever is in gorilla position if they need things called.

Fascinating stuff. I knew the cage was rigged to break, and the announcer table is made to fall apart.

But how they just kept going, in character. Dedication/sheer madness.

maybe put 'em both in the tent and see what they can do.
wrestling is as real as anything else.
I don't watch much of it but I am amazed what those folks put themselves through. wrestlers are extremely talented with an extremely wide range highly developed skills.
e.g. brilliant actors who do their work under extreme pressure, great orators / communicators / trash talkers, extremely fit highly trained martial artists, brave as fuck, hardened travelers, extrovert quick thinking improvisers when required...
RESPECT.

Jeff Jarrett being one of my favourite characters in wrestling in 2023 was most unexpected.

funny

@BLACULA-Skeewoah
1 month ago
3:45 Roman's face 😂 he's not even shocked anymore when Brock interrupts him... He's just like "jesus christ, not again... This is the rest of my life" 😂

Looks like I am now able to go to Rev Pro on Saturday night which has a super line-up in a great venue and AEW on Sunday.

I can't wait to enjoy my £7.95 cans of Budweiser and sing along to Wild Thing.

Also flogging a very decent ticket on Ticketmaster for half-price if anyone knows of any sad sacks who might be tempted to purchase one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back