Any wrestling fans? (1 Viewer)

I remember GLOW, IIRC lifestyle used to share the channel with a cartoon channel that would run to about midday. Tina Ferrari was the top face, who I think was Alllundra Blaze/Madussa They'd have an episode of Glow and then also a roller derby episode which I think was also presented in a pro wrestling style, with angles.

I also remember that Sportatorium stuff, which I'd previously thought was just Memphis wrestling but if you say it was GWF then I'm sure that's what it was. Used to be about an hour of Lawler matches shown in a row. They'd occasionally have bits where the piledriver was illegal in the state of Tennessee.

Also have vague memories of that USWA stuff, mostly the Von Erich's, all of them probably dead now.

No memory of Stampede on TV here.

I remember Lifestyle; Sally Jesse Raphael was on pretty much all the time. Sadly don't remember wrestling though.

I don't recall any USWA specifics but it was probably the Dallas end of the territory mixed with Memphis stuff; some of it is on the Network under GWF, which took over in '91. I definitely remember seeing The Patriot and Scott Putski on Screensport.

Scott Putski later better known for dislocating his kneecap on a WWF pay per view in the late '90s. They zoomed in on his leg and all, ugh.

Negative. I am terribly poor at keeping up to date with podcasts.

There's a podcast called The Lapsed Fan, basically two guys going deep on shows generally before 2002. Each one is a few hours long (like at least three, often five) but it's addictive, seriously. They just went on a pilgrimage to the Silverdome for the 30th anniversary of WrestleMania III and it was really something special.

What MacDara said, that bit was a stinker. If you haven't seen the kickoff show I'd say give that your time instead.
I watched the preshow live. Have to see undertaker / Rollins and am curious to see lesberg since I witnessed the first fiasco in person at wm20.

Inside The Ropes and Cyprus Avenue present:
CHRIS JERICHO
The Words of Jericho

7th June - Mandela Hall, Belfast
8th June - Vicar Street, Dublin

Tickets onsale Monday 10th April, 9am from Ticketmaster.ie

WWE icon Chris Jericho takes to the stage in Belfast and Dublin this June for a live recording of his hit podcast Talk Is Jericho in association with Inside The Ropes to relive and share stories from his experiences of wrestling around the world from his early days in Japan & Mexico, to ECW, WCW and of course WWE where he has just competed in his 13th Wrestlemania this year feuding with Kevin Owens.

Chris is one of the most decorated superstars in wrestling, winning more than 30 major championships, including a record nine WWE Intercontinental Championships and the first-ever Undisputed WWF Championship, beating Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Stone Cold Steve Austin in the same night! He’s also a New York Times bestselling author and vocalist for the band Fozzy.

Come join your host Kenny McIntosh for what promises to be 2 very special evenings as part of The Words of Jericho; because Mandela Hall and Vicar Street......YOU’VE JUST MADE THE LIST!!!

Wed 7th June - Mandela Hall, Belfast
Over 18s ID Required.

Thur 8th June - Vicar Street, Dublin
Under 14s to be accompanied by a parent or guardian

Limited amount of VIP Meet & Greet packages also available from Ticketmaster.ie which include: preshow meet & greet with Chris Jericho, photo op, 1 autograph, 1 8x10 photo and commemorative tour poster.
Meet & Greet takes place from 5pm-7pm.

There's a podcast called The Lapsed Fan, basically two guys going deep on shows generally before 2002. Each one is a few hours long (like at least three, often five) but it's addictive, seriously. They just went on a pilgrimage to the Silverdome for the 30th anniversary of WrestleMania III and it was really something special.

I don't listen regularly but some of their stuff is really great. The Royal Rumble 92 episode especially. I need to listen to the Silverdome ep.

Mania was a slog. Loved the ladder match for the crowd and Lesnar vs Goldberg. AJ vs Shane was fun.

I don't listen regularly but some of their stuff is really great. The Royal Rumble 92 episode especially. I need to listen to the Silverdome ep.

Mania was a slog. Loved the ladder match for the crowd and Lesnar vs Goldberg. AJ vs Shane was fun.

The best part of the ladder match was the bait and switch "New Day inserting themselves into the match" bit. Caught me out anyway.

Hear it in maaannnn.

I've never gone to one of those wrestler one man shows, and likely never would buy tickets, but Jericho seems like his might be better than most.

Everyone loves Foley but I'd bet his are a bit shit.

€35 a pop for Jericho? Fuck that. He just made the list.

Me and Bee went to both Foley ones, they were grand. He's better with the stories than attempting to do standup. Both were marred somewhat by drunks in the audience, however - the first one most of all.

€35 a pop for Jericho? Fuck that. He just made the list.

Me and Bee went to both Foley ones, they were grand. He's better with the stories than attempting to do standup. Both were marred somewhat by drunks in the audience, however - the first one most of all.

I just looked it up and he played the acadamy with Fozzy in 2012 for 20 quid. It's an extra 40 quid for a meet and greet, Jericho is old school as fuck; always hustling the marks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back