Any wrestling fans? (3 Viewers)

the final match of the WWE UK tournament was excellent. I didn't have time to watch any other matches. The backstage angle with Pete Dunne and Triple H/Regal arguing was all really well done from the first show I think.

Yep, the second night was much better than the first. Jordan Devlin botched a kick to the back of Danny Burch's head and legit knocked him loopy. I hope he got screened for a concussion afterwards.

Time to rave about Matt Riddle again. Him and Shibata had a great scrap at Rev Pro on Saturday night. He's wrestling for OTT in Dublin next month. Go see him!

I disagree. AJ and Cena didn't grab me as much as they have done before, but that could've been exhaustion so I'll watch again. The Rumble itself for me started off good, then about halfway through I thought '15 guys already? This is going by awful fast'. Then came the part-timers undermining the regulars, not even subtle about it. And Roman as number 30 is just Vince trolling, he can't help himself. Randy winning got a relief pop more than anything. Undertaker looks sad. I don't give a fig if Brock and Goldberg are over, they're bad for the company. Yeah, I didn't love it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I enjoyed watching this match the other day. A wild brawl from Mexico between LA Park and Rush. It kind of reminded me of watching ECW in the 90s.

I enjoyed watching this match the other day. A wild brawl from Mexico between LA Park and Rush. It kind of reminded me of watching ECW in the 90s.

LA Park is the original La Parka from AAA/WCW, right?

I remember seeing G.L.O.W. repeats on Lifestyle back in the early / mid 90s. It was *terrible*. (I think eurosport used to show Stampede Wrestling reruns - that was more like it)

'GLOW': Alison Brie Steps Into the Ring in First Look at Jenji Kohan's Netflix Wrestling Comedy

Looking forward to that GLOW series. I saw the documentary last year, it was decent.

I don't remember GLOW or Stampede on TV here, but Screensport used to show the Dallas end of the USWA and a bit later the GWF, from the old Sportatorium. I only remember specifically watching the latter, but the theme song from the former left an impression (I heard it again on the WWE Network and though 'so I have seen this before').

The USWA ring did say 'Renegades Rampage' on the canvas, maybe that's what you were thinking, Pete?

Looking forward to that GLOW series. I saw the documentary last year, it was decent.

I don't remember GLOW or Stampede on TV here, but Screensport used to show the Dallas end of the USWA and a bit later the GWF, from the old Sportatorium. I only remember specifically watching the latter, but the theme song from the former left an impression (I heard it again on the WWE Network and though 'so I have seen this before').

The USWA ring did say 'Renegades Rampage' on the canvas, maybe that's what you were thinking, Pete?

Lifestyle was a very very low rent satellite channel for women so I guess GLOW fit right in.

Stampede was definitely on a satellite channel, but maybe sporadically. Lots of extended Hart family people involved, definitely referencing Calgary. I remember it being quite a bit crazier than the WWF stuff - seemed to be a bit more violent.

I remember GLOW, IIRC lifestyle used to share the channel with a cartoon channel that would run to about midday. Tina Ferrari was the top face, who I think was Alllundra Blaze/Madussa They'd have an episode of Glow and then also a roller derby episode which I think was also presented in a pro wrestling style, with angles.

I also remember that Sportatorium stuff, which I'd previously thought was just Memphis wrestling but if you say it was GWF then I'm sure that's what it was. Used to be about an hour of Lawler matches shown in a row. They'd occasionally have bits where the piledriver was illegal in the state of Tennessee.

Also have vague memories of that USWA stuff, mostly the Von Erich's, all of them probably dead now.

No memory of Stampede on TV here.

Any good clips or gifs from Wrestlemania that a lapsed fan from the Attitude era might enjoy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back