XBox 360 (2 Viewers)

Well I figure if a man is going to leave his nice warm home and stand outside Xtra Vision for 5 minutes in the freezing cold (with a bunch of teens, an embarassed mother and a store employee who wasn't let in cos it was his day off), then he might as well go the whole nerd route and post a pic of said game in action.

LOLOLOLOLOL! And so on.

halo_sailor.jpg

At a guess they have probably taken away the browser functionality to put all the resources into logging on via the xbox.

Just seen an advert in the HALO METRO for Tesco, they're selling it for 50 quid.

At a guess they have probably taken away the browser functionality to put all the resources into logging on via the xbox.

Just seen an advert in the HALO METRO for Tesco, they're selling it for 50 quid.

game have limited edition for 75 but xtra game were selling it for 65 ! plus i got 40 off them for zelda. god bless xtra game! no legendary edition though :mad:

Ah lefty, you're possibly the only person in the world who makes me look good in the will power stakes.

Just had confirmation I'm getting FIFA for free, having a bird what works in the media rules.

What do you get with the limited edition? I thought they're all scratched?

WOOO!!!! HALO!!!

audio and video calibrator, documentaries and the usual shite!

Just had confirmation I'm getting FIFA for free, having a bird what works in the media rules.

yeah its great, i get free dvds thanks to mine. not to mention a wii and 360 direct from warehouse (had to pay for those though, got them early mind you)

(Another long boring gaming post from me).

I likes it. I'm not a HALO FAN, as such. I liked the first game a lot, gave up early on in the second one and never played Halo 2 on-line much on the Xbox cos it was full of losers. I did play quite a bit of the original on-line via the PC and enjoyed that lots. On-line is the reason I bought Halo 3.

I'm not into the whole story thing, so if Master Chief wins/dies/turns out to be Jar-Jar, I'm not too bothered. I bought it for the on-line and it's likely I'll never complete the campaign. Still, the campaign was what I started with and I got about 4 checkpoints in - seems pretty decent, but I find that the campaign mode can sometimes be rather slow to start with in Halo games. The bad guys you come up against early on, usually stroll around getting shot and not doing much else.

Graphically is looks very nice. The colours are lovely, as you make your way through a jungle environment. So many beautiful shades of green! Lovely lighting too. The graphics aren't mindblowing though - it doesn't take long for you to see the cracks. Fire your gun into some water and you'll be unimpressed. I think COD 4 looks quite a bit better and certainly has a higher frame-rate.

On-line is where it's at - and it seems pretty damned good. Pay attention, Konami! There is a "training ground" level at the start, maximum 4 players, so people can get to grips with the controls and stuff. The snow level (which seems to be the main training level) is pretty drab looking, but fun to play. The other level (can't remember the name, looks like a variation of a Halo 2 level) is gorgeous. And thank god for the handy "mute" option. Sadly I was only three multi-player games in before I had to use it on "Mr. How-Do-You-Like-That-Bitch??!?!!" Still, the on-line play looks like lots of fun. A nice touch is that when you're starting, you get a map of the world which seems to show regions where players are based - nice touch. So while America is lit up like a giant xmas tree, Australia just had a few dots.

The Forge utility is great too. It's not really a level designer - you can't alter the terrain, but you can place items about. You can also make video clips, post em on-line etc and there are a nice range of options when you open up your friends list and view another fellow Halo player (view service record, send clip etc etc).

All in all, yeah - it's very good. Lacks a bit of polish in places and I'm not gonna be the one to tell you if the campaign is good, but it definately looks like it will keep me entertained for ages and ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back