Public Services Card (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Do any of you have one of these?

I don't because I haven't needed one. But since I moved house I've had to change certain things, such as the voter register.

Supposedly these cards make it easy to do this shit. On the other hand, not having one seems like it makes it impossible to do this shit.

I was looking into it and apparently I need to go to social welfare to get one? Even though I'm not looking to scratch.

it all seems a bit... weird?

I don't because I haven't needed one. But since I moved house I've had to change certain things, such as the voter register.

Supposedly these cards make it easy to do this shit. On the other hand, not having one seems like it makes it impossible to do this shit.

I was looking into it and apparently I need to go to social welfare to get one? Even though I'm not looking to scratch.

I had to get one this year as I wanted my driver's licence renewed. I could have either jumped through some hoops to get it directly from the NLDS and only got that or went to the Intreo office to get the PSC card sorted out and not only get my driver's licence renewed but also have access to lots of other things that could be useful.

It was pretty painless, my local office was walk in and they had a seperate queue for PSC applications vs other items so I was just waiting for one person to finish up and was then seen. Worth doing I think.

I had to get one this year as I wanted my driver's licence renewed. I could have either jumped through some hoops to get it directly from the NLDS and only got that or went to the Intreo office to get the PSC card sorted out and not only get my driver's licence renewed but also have access to lots of other things that could be useful.

It was pretty painless, my local office was walk in and they had a seperate queue for PSC applications vs other items so I was just waiting for one person to finish up and was then seen. Worth doing I think.
I e-mailed for an appointment. Nothing back yet. But thats good if the PSC line is different from the rest of the business they deal with cos I'd imagine they are pretty busy.

I e-mailed for an appointment. Nothing back yet. But thats good if the PSC line is different from the rest of the business they deal with cos I'd imagine they are pretty busy.

They are permanantly slightly short staffed in my experience. Might as well sign up though just so you get your travel pass sent automatically when you pass 65 or whatever it is then.

You get them from the Department of Social protection. When I worked there, they were developing them at the time and kept telling me to pop down to the ground floor to get mine. I never did. No moral objections or anything, just pure laziness. I haven’t needed it since despite having renewed my drivers license and passport over the last few years.
My wife did need to get one for child benefit though

I got one almost the moment I came back to Ireland. I thought you pretty much had to have them.

Do loads of people not have these? I thought you needed them to do anything.

I was made get one to claim for paternity benefit. Then had a year long correspondence battle with social protection about my claim being out of date, which was due to the card never arriving.

I have one now and the picture on it sucks, and i have the same picture on my driving licence now.

if you want to renew your driver's licence online, you need one. thankfully i'm not too far from an NDLS centre so the one time i might have needed one, i was able to avoid it (you don't need one if you renew in person).

I got one almost the moment I came back to Ireland. I thought you pretty much had to have them.

It makes life easier to have one, apparently. I was advised to get one when I got laid off last february, but I got another job again fairly quickly so didn't bother. But apparently if you are claiming a tax rebate on time not worked, this makes that process a lot easier.

I'm in the fortunate position of having never been on the dole and I am child free so the department of social protection has very little reason to be aware of my existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back