THE STEAM PIG -THE EARLY YEARS - COMPLETE RECORDINGS 1996-1998 - 2xCD box set (1 Viewer)

EGE YURTUM

Website
www.bozgallery.com
PigBox-MockUP-masthead.jpg

Available - late April/ early May 2023

What is this? - This is a 2xCD box set gathering together every studio recording and demo session by The Steam Pig between 1996 and 1998 - This includes...

• The legendary "Getting Over The Wall With Charlie Harper" tape.
  • The "Wy-Id T’D Double-in" session in original sequence.
  • The complete 13-track "Motorhead At 5am" session.
  • 4 separate demo sessions from the 1996-1998 period.
  • Just over 2 hours of music newly mastered from the original studio tapes in March 2023 by Mr Tommy O’Sullivan esq.

What is The Steam Pig and why should I care? - The Steam Pig was a punk band that existed in Dublin between 1994 and 2005. There is no specific reason why you should care.

Why is this release a weird size? - The package is a double CD release in a DVD size 6-panel gatefold digipak with a 20 page booklet, outer slipcase and free patch with the first 150 sold.

What’s in the booklet? - The booklet contains archive photos, clippings and track by track sleeve notes by Boz, with additional guest sleeve notes by Wally (Stomach), Richie Egan (Jape, The Redneck Manifesto, Black Belt Jones) and Risteárd Mac Cormac (Dirty Old Man Records).

How many of these are there and where can I get one? - This is a limited edition of 300. It is being released by Dirty Old Man Records (UK), Weird Records (UK), Deadlamb Records (Ireland) and will be available directly from The Steam Pig Bandcamp page (Ireland). It should be available towards the end of April/early May 2023. Just keep an eye out for over-zealous social media plugs!

Why does The Steam Pig get a fancy box set and not some more ‘worthy’ band? - Because Risteárd Mac Cormac of Dirty Old Man Records is a longtime supporter of the band. He liked this early material and suggested it. Blame him. Also, measures of worthiness are the preserve of deep-fried obedient souls - Within punk it is a redundant concept - Go to mass if something is bothering you.

I saw The Steam Pig once early on and they were crap, drunk and abusive... - I don’t doubt it. I was there too. We were expelling inner demons. But we ran out of apologies a long time ago.. actually, that’s a lie - we simply don’t owe anyone an apology for anything.

I remember The Steam Pig were slagged off by yer man from Wat Tyler in the City Arts Centre and it ended up on that Rejected live thing... - Being slagged off by Wat Tyler was an honour and a privilege. It made us better people (this may not be true).

Will The Steam Pig be reforming to promote this? - No.

I know the people that were in the band, can I have one for free? - No.

What if I have another question - Contact [email protected]

DIRTY OLD MAN RECORDS - https://dirtyoldmanrecords.bigcartel.com/ (UK)
WEIRD RECORDS - [email protected] (UK)
DEADLAMB RECORDS - https://deadlambrecords.com/ (Ireland)
THE STEAM PIG - https://thesteampig.bandcamp.com/ (Ireland)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back