Who is the.................. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter cpr
  • Start date
  • Replies 174
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 7
hugh said:
Eamon Coughlan came to my parent's house for dinner once.

Actually, speaking of the old pair. This is getting a bit tenuous but ...my Da knew both Flann O'Brien and Phil Lynott and has a rather low opinion of both of them. "Gurrier" is the term that tends to spring to his lips when either come up in conversation. And George Martin. Though I don't recall him ever referring to GM as a gurrier.

A low opinion of Flann O'Brien? Wha? Please to explain?

jane said:
A low opinion of Flann O'Brien? Wha? Please to explain?

Not as a writer. As a person. He worked in the same department of the Civil Service as him for a while .... O'Brien would be coming in pissed all the time, not turning up, the usual stuff. Also he allegedly had a slightly nasty streak to him and treated some of the people around him, many of whom were covering his ass a lot of the time, really really badly. The Da does however, have a lot of respect for his writing ....

the strokes were very nice fellas, except for the lead singer, who was just a dick. i did also see the guy from the darkness with the dodgy tash and a call girl consummating their newly found friendship on a couch at a house party.which was nice.

hugh said:
Not as a writer. As a person. He worked in the same department of the Civil Service as him for a while .... O'Brien would be coming in pissed all the time, not turning up, the usual stuff. Also he allegedly had a slightly nasty streak to him and treated some of the people around him, many of whom were covering his ass a lot of the time, really really badly. The Da does however, have a lot of respect for his writing ....

Oh, yeah, that makes sense. I imagine that when he worked in the civil service, especially during his latter years there, he was probably rather unpleasant to deal with.

My da's friend Frank is there on the right. Next to the guy in white.

46.jpg

cassette/tape said:
joss from the dudcorp.

settler?

lets see... i do see alan cantwell a fair bit on baggot street - prick
he has no neck! ditto the fat guy who does the sports. and his shirt collar & tie are so tight his head looks like a huge globule of toothpaste being squeezed out of some massive tube! true story!!! :eek:

Hmmm i met Kirk Hammett & Scott Ian on o'connell street, Mike Muir in mcgonagles, 2 of kings x outside the SFX, flea & the drummer bloke from the chilli peppers in the baggot inn, members of Sabbat, Acid Reign and a million other late 80's thrash bands in or around mcgonagles at various times. Met the drummer bloke from Snuff in london. Observed members of faith no more in beshoffs & members of danzig in some other fast food place. I've been within 20 feet of Michael Jackson, and i've pissed in guns & roses' (or was it faith no more's?) toilet backstage at slane. oh and i spoke to brian baker from dag nasty, although he was pretending to be in bad religion at the time.

Umm... what else... I high-fived the pope in Rome back in '82, was accosted by members of Sheeba in the lobby of the burlington hotel as a child, and in a previous career I met someone who was about to be charged with 3 nasty murders, some ex-IRA "political prisoners released as part of the peace process", some semi-famous models, and assorted out of work actors.

Oh and the bloke that plays yer man Paul (Brennan?) offa fair city bought me a drink for my 21st (my maaa knows his maaa) in the Waterloo which obviously tops the lot.

pete said:
Hmmm i met Kirk Hammett & Scott Ian on o'connell street, Mike Muir in mcgonagles, 2 of kings x outside the SFX, flea & the drummer bloke from the chilli peppers in the baggot inn, members of Sabbat, Acid Reign and a million other late 80's thrash bands in or around mcgonagles at various times. Met the drummer bloke from Snuff in london. Observed members of faith no more in beshoffs & members of danzig in some other fast food place. I've been within 20 feet of Michael Jackson, and i've pissed in guns & roses' (or was it faith no more's?) toilet backstage at slane. oh and i spoke to brian baker from dag nasty, although he was pretending to be in bad religion at the time.

Umm... what else... I high-fived the pope in Rome back in '82, was accosted by members of Sheeba in the lobby of the burlington hotel as a child, and in a previous career I met someone who was about to be charged with 3 nasty murders, some ex-IRA "political prisoners released as part of the peace process", some semi-famous models, and assorted out of work actors.

Oh and the bloke that plays yer man Paul (Brennan?) offa fair city bought me a drink for my 21st (my maaa knows his maaa) in the Waterloo which obviously tops the lot.
beat that!

acid reign!? holy repressed memories batman!!!

did he breathe on you in a hammy and wooden fashion? 'ah robind oi jus gave de lad a help wit his futeball'

If I was married to Robin I'd be having an affair with yer wan in the flat downstairs too. Nagging wench.

aoifed said:
Today.... just this very day Jimmy from Fair City WALKED BY ME in Temple Bar. I swooned, of course, but I don't think he noticed, although I'm sure he breathed on me. I'm going to Whelans to have a celbratory pint right now.

My girlfriend snogged Evan Dando and was chatted up by Jamiroquai

Sadie Outlaw has the best "meeting famous person/s" experience in that she has met Guided By Voices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back