What's the worst place you've ever visited? (1 Viewer)

Nottingham is pretty awful..One of the times I was there England had just won a game and everybody was celebrating in the streets. While we were walking through my mate asked me to not say anything for fear that someone would take exception to my Irish accent. He lived there for a few years and said that they aren't the friendliest to foreigners..good times..

Phoenix is tumbleweed city. I was there for a conference a few weeks ago. Downtown consists of a couple of large hotels, some dodgy empty restaurants, and the odd delirious looking homeless person. Ripe for a zombie attack.

byker, newcastle
achen, germany
and youngstown, ohio, bleakest place on earth

Aachen has that Carolingian church, no? And doesn't Youngstown have the Baseball Hall of Fame?

Did I already mention Youghal, co Cork on this thread? Because Youghal. Youghal is the grimmest. Or Granard, co Longford.

There are some places in Rhode Island that are pretty awful, and Leominster, Ma. Maybe, wait. Wait, I have to check that. It was a town that had a big chair factory and everyone worked in the chair factory and then the chair factory closed down so people just went around burning each other in the face. Or maybe that was Gardner. Whatever, though, you could just pick any random old manufacturing town in MA or RI and you'd get the same effect: a lot of people going around burning each other in the face and head, and not a whole lot else. Maybe a couple of strip malls and an Applebees.

I was in what they call Korea-town in Flushing, Queens once and it was the smelliest place I've ever been. I was green walking down the street trying not to vomit.

Was in Korea-town near the Bronx. Smelliest place I've ever been....and I grew up almost in Kilbarrack!

I had the WORST vegetarian meal of my life in that kip.I nearly puked.It was BADDDDD.A fucking Buddhist gaf 'n all.Jazes.Not the worst area I ever visited though.

I'm gonna have to do a list(in no particular order)....

Newark/Elizabeth. New Jersey.-Got offered a 2 dollar blowjob while waiting to be picked up for work at the train station at 7.30 am....From a bloke.

Cypress Hills.Brooklyn.-Shovelled dead rats and pigeons into a skip out behind a 7/11 on the scariest street I've ever been on.

Swansea.aka Skobesville.

Finglas South.Thank fuck Diddles moved.

My new job is in K Town in Manhattan.

I never got offered two dollar blow jobs. Any cheaper than that and we'd be GIVING them away. Seriously, that's very reasonable for a blow job.

I saw a load of youfs having a bit of a tiff, and then getting shouty about "getting the gun", they said gun, not gat, which I found disappointing.
Anyway, they shout and start looking for the gun, and I'm thinking fucking saps, throw a couple of digs, dont reach for your gat. I thought "gat", so I'm already on the moral highground here. Dispite my disgust at not seeing a decent punch up, I turned down the block in front of the upcoming main event, and headed away off. It was about 2 am in the morning, and it was fairly quiet.

Next day it was in the news that someone got shot at about 3am a block away. My boss was all quizzing me about my trip home, and I didn;t know why, and that's how I found out.
Fucking saps. I saw the thing. It could have been settled with a couple of digs. Fucking Gazzy could've waded in there, and fucking put things to bed. But oh no. Lets pull out our mickey extensions and wave them about.

If what I saw actually was the precurser of that lad getting shot, then its a sorry tale. Its possible, its not common for shootings to happen in midtown manhattan, and there's been no incidents there since then.

ha ha, I just remembered, I actually stayed one night in a rabid Loyalist's house when I was on the way out to do a big caving trip in Yorkshire with Queens University.

I forget exactly how I ended up sleeping in his gaff, but I did remember that
a) he FUCKING HATED "the Catholics" or whatever he called them. I forget. But strangely he didn;t mind me, and I think gave me a few beers. We didn't go out because he was essentially shitting himself I think.
b) he had a baseball bat, and a massive array of locks and metal plates around and adhering to the door.
c) there had been a large car bomb set off fairly recently by the looks of things, directly outside his door.

You dont have to be Alan Turing to put 2 and 2 together on that one. I remember thinking it was a bit odd that I was staying in his gaff, talking about vertical caving with him and a load of other lads. But then there were beers, so I struggled through my initial concern.

Washington - if you go , go for one day do the sightseeing, go to the museums and leg it.All the main attractions are pretty close toeach other.Did not like that town at all and heard theres a high crime rate also. Just taught there was a bad 'vibe' was glad to leave!

Middlesborough or Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Naples is a hole of a city but it's in such a beautiful location and the people are so endearingly crazy (and violent!) that it can't be considered.

And loads of Irish places, mostly in the midlands.

I saw a load of youfs having a bit of a tiff, and then getting shouty about "getting the gun", they said gun, not gat, which I found disappointing.
I had a somewhat similar experience. Some drunk American was shouting from the passenger side of a car and one of our group told him to fuck off. The driver slammed the car to a stop a few yards down the road, passenger gets out then reaches back into the car for a gun expecting us to run. We just stood watching as he performed the ritual about three times. The gun never appeared and we all went on our way. Retard was far too middle class to do any shooting or carry a gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back