What's the worst place you've ever visited? (1 Viewer)

Worst place I ever visited was Rømø in Denmark. The lonely planet made it sound like some sort of party central. I was so disappointed it made me laugh. Had a nice steak dinner though. So it wasn't all bad.

Glasgow is quite an ugly town, much like Newry.

Vegas. Germtastic. I was used my card everywhere because I didn't want to touch money that doesn't circulate out of that place.

Florida. Commercial strip malls and neon clothes galore.

Those are the ones that stick out the most.

Worst place I ever visited was Rømø in Denmark. The lonely planet made it sound like some sort of party central. I was so disappointed it made me laugh. Had a nice steak dinner though. So it wasn't all bad.

Glasgow is quite an ugly town, much like Newry.

I wouldn't say Glasgow is ugly at all. I really like the architecture (in the city centre and environs anyway). People are cool ... there's a good music scene ...and it's always good fun. Thumbs up for Glasgow from me.

I'm struggling to think of the worst place I've been. Many of the horrible ones have at least something to recommend or remember them by. I hated Varadero in Cuba for example .... but you know .. the weather was nice.

I wouldn't say Glasgow is ugly at all. I really like the architecture (in the city centre and environs anyway). People are cool ... there's a good music scene ...and it's always good fun. Thumbs up for Glasgow from me.
Ah yeah I had fun in the 2 times I was there and to be honest I didn't walk around too much. Its just the bits I saw reminded me of Newry.

I'm sorry Glasgow.

Edit: Actually I just remembered about Hackensack New Jersey. I only went cos of Brewster's Millions. What a waste of half a day.

Glasgow has some nice broad avenues with proper gridded intersections like you get in capital cities like Rome. Super.
Also, it is ringed by incredibly ugly concrete blocks and Ibrox.
Better still, the karaoke is hopping at 11am on a Wednesday.

Washington - if you go , go for one day do the sightseeing, go to the museums and leg it.All the main attractions are pretty close toeach other.Did not like that town at all and heard theres a high crime rate also. Just taught there was a bad 'vibe' was glad to leave!

Washington is a very rough place alright in parts.
A mate of the missus got shot in her leg on the way home from work one day. It wasn't a bad gunshot wound, they think the bullet was fired from a long way off and ricocheted into her, but fuck sake like.

Incidentally the leg the bullet hit was the leg they didn't cut a orange sized malignant tumour out of the previous year. I think she had more or less just gotten off the crutches for that and had started walking to work again.

Not the luckiest librarian the world that girl was.

edit haha, I think I mentioned it before, but when the old man was in Washington, he went to The Pentagon, and tried to take a picture of it. There was some class of security instantly on him, demanding the shots were deleted. My old man replied something like "Sorry, I wasn't aware you were not allowed take shots of the Pentagon".
The dude just looked at him blankly, "This is not the Pentagon Sir."

Emm. I see. Its that other building with 5 sides then.

I lived in Luton for four years. Absolute shithole concrete jungle with awful pubs (I worked in one). It made nearby Milton Keynes look pretty.

Amsterdams red light district was one of the most disgusting experiences of my life. British squadies fighting pimps everywhere, August is not a good month to see that place it's like Grafton Street on christmas eve fueled by coke and hard ons. The rest of the city is beautiful.

Zurich mainly because I was in a 28 hour psychological thriller on a train from Barcelona where I accidentally befriended a newly impoverished and homeless drugs mule who was withdrawing from heroin I gave him the slip somewhere in france and sat awaiting his return all night. when I arrived in Zurich I was met with several of the least friendly most unhelpful people on the planet the part of the city I was in was one big glass shopping mall so I left and was searched by customs and treated like a criminal for sitting in the wrong cabin on the train.

Elephant and Castle in London, No elephant. No Castle. Plenty of homeless people living in the tunnels at the tube station the tunnells seemingly all lead to the back of an abandoned shopping mall where all the trolleys are on fire. a true shit hole.

Elephant and Castle in London, No elephant. No Castle. Plenty of homeless people living in the tunnels at the tube station the tunnells seemingly all lead to the back of an abandoned shopping mall where all the trolleys are on fire. a true shit hole.

wow, that sounds cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back