What's the worst place you've ever visited? (3 Viewers)

Milton Keynes was a pretty desperate place at 11 oclock at night.
Parts of New Jersey are terrible.

Yep. I went to the Irvington in New Jersey one time by accident instead of the Irvington north of Manhatten. Riding a crowded local bus at 10 o clock at night through a rough neighborhood I might as well have had a big sign on my head saying "mug me!". That was one of the scariest incidents of my life. The bus driver found it real amusing though.

Yep. I went to the Irvington in New Jersey one time by accident instead of the Irvington north of Manhatten. Riding a crowded local bus at 10 o clock at night through a rough neighborhood I might as well have had a big sign on my head saying "mug me!". That was one of the scariest incidents of my life. The bus driver found it real amusing though.

There are parts of Newark where I just turn into Mr Bean.

...dafuckoutta he' craka...

Well OOOOOK THEN!
And I'm half expecting to see Prop Joe coming round the corner.

edit; although, in fairness, not that far from my gaff there are people getting shot and Columbian Neck ties and shit on the street. But... i dunno, those lads are just a lot shorter than me. The Intimidation Factor is not as strong with those boys.

There are parts of Newark where I just turn into Mr Bean.

...dafuckoutta he' craka...

Well OOOOOK THEN!
And I'm half expecting to see Prop Joe coming round the corner.

edit; although, in fairness, not that far from my gaff there are people getting shot and Columbian Neck ties and shit on the street. But... i dunno, those lads are just a lot shorter than me. The Intimidation Factor is not as strong with those boys.

Why would you go to Newark voluntarily? At least I had the excuse that I was lost.

Heh, nice one.

I worked in Manhattan while living way out at the Queens/Nassau County border(Bellerose) for a few months.
Had to get the F train to the end of the line at Jamaica, then the bus from there through Hollis and Queens Village. Keepin it real, yo.

Not fun at 4am on your way home from a night on the gargle, though.

Good point.
There was an element of redundancy in that sentence.

Basically, we are looking at England, New Jersey, and Tijuana?

I have it on good authority that parts of Panama are extremely bad. Like, Tom Waits crazy songs about bad.

Belfast is without doubt the worst city I've been to on these islands.
Nice in France is a lot shittier than it gets credit for.
Buffalo, NY ain't no great shakes either. In fact anywhere in upstate NY that isn't countryside is generally a strip mall & chain store-infested, balls-meltingly boring shithole.
I'm looking at you, Binghamton and environs.

I went to Odessa, TX expecting it to be shitsville but it was colourful and vibrant - $100+ a barrel will do that, I suppose.

Top (or is it bottom?) of my list would have to be Akron, OH.
You feel your soul draining away every minute you're there.

I have it on good authority that parts of Panama are extremely bad. Like, Tom Waits crazy songs about bad.

Van Halen liked it.

I forgot to mention Angola, LA. But I was in a penitentiary, so that may have skewed my feelings somewhat.
Cloverhill is not pleasant either.

thing is - most of the UK is like that.

england seems to be mostly shit alright. i'd put warrington on my list of shitest places that ive visited. i went there one day a couple of years ago as a day trip on the ferry and train from dublin (to play a gig...). i had intended to stay the night but at about 3pm, after about 2.5 hours there, i decided to check the train and ferry schedules and see could i get back to dublin that day. luckily i could. and yet despite its general shittiness i do like england a lot. another time i went to newcastle for the day and really liked it. liverpool isnt great but its alright, bristol is a bit boring but pretty, oxford is pretty too and the isles of scilly are deadly.

Nice in France is a lot shittier than it gets credit for.

loads of french towns are really awful. france is all extreme cool and extreme shit.

worst town in ireland (i think there was a thread that dealt with this topic quite comprehensively) is either granard or edenderry. edenderry is probably worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back