Things I Will Never Understand #1 (1 Viewer)

ICUH8N said:
item #0608001A
Why is it, that from one year to the next, I forget how utterly vile diluted orange tastes. Mi-Wadi, Kia-Ora, Robinsons and the rest of them. Jesus wept. Now I'm sitting here in tears, an almost-full glass in front of me, daring me to finish it.

wurgh.

throw some gin into it. at least give it a point.

Stan Bowles said:
The Traffic going into Moate.

Stuck in a traffic jam for an hour on Friday, expecting to see roadworks or some kind of reason for the delayas as we drove through Moate. But nothing. Out the other side to an empty road.

FUCK MOATE.

yeah its fucking terrible, on a par with gorey in the infuriatingly meaningless jam stakes.

Fuck Moate indeed: the town that had a communal hissy-fit (blocking the Galway-Dublin road) when the council attempted to house members of the travelling community in a nearby village.

ICUH8N said:
Bulmers sounds too Oirish. "Branding" decision.
Maybe they should have called it "800 years" (time dedicated &c)
HP Bulmers (a uk cider maker - the strongbow / scrumpy jack people) and Magners (the irish cider makers who make Bulmers) had a partnership here back in the day (called Bulmers ltd (ireland) i think) - 1930's / 1940's time.

It didn't last, but by the time they went their separate ways Magners were using the Bulmers brand name here for their product. When Magners launched in the UK in 1999 they couldn't use the Bulmers name there (because the company who took over HP Bulmers owned the rights to it outside Ireland - Bulmers Ltd / Magners only had rights to use it in Ireland) so they had to use Magners.

Or something. It's on the internet somewhere.

Andy_aurel said:
What are doctors checking for with this by the way. My
girlfriend doesn't believe that doctors do this and is trying to make me
think I've been.... wronged with.
When you're a child, it's to make sure your balls have dropped from your abdomen properly.

When you're an adult, they're just coming onto you.

pete said:
HP Bulmers (a uk cider maker - the strongbow / scrumpy jack people) and Magners (the irish cider makers who make Bulmers) had a partnership here back in the day (called Bulmers ltd (ireland) i think) - 1930's / 1940's time.

It didn't last, but by the time they went their separate ways Magners were using the Bulmers brand name here for their product. When Magners launched in the UK in 1999 they couldn't use the Bulmers name there (because the company who took over HP Bulmers owned the rights to it outside Ireland - Bulmers Ltd / Magners only had rights to use it in Ireland) so they had to use Magners.

Or something. It's on the internet somewhere.

HP Bulmers also sell a cider in the states branded Bulmers.

Bellatrix said:
Fuck Moate indeed: the town that had a communal hissy-fit (blocking the Galway-Dublin road) when the council attempted to house members of the travelling community in a nearby village.

I remember that.
Remember arguing with a guy from Moate [he was living next door] at that time who was talking in apocalyptic tones about the 'invasion'.

Horrible, small-minded prick.

Stan Bowles said:
The Weetabix Week.

At no point during the advert do they say 'eat nothing but weetbix for a week and loose weight'. In fact they don't give you ANY REASON AT ALL for eating nothing but Weetabix for a week.

Pricks. I'm off to threads.

jesus it's so stupid. the new one with the 'students'

WARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

kirstie said:
jesus it's so stupid. the new one with the 'students'

WARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
'if somebody has finished the milk, you can put anything on it! like this smoothie!'

if i looked in the cupboard and found a smoothie and dry weetabix, i know which one i'd be eating. and i wouldn't be contaminating it with weetabix either.

People who buy relatively cheap items with credit cards. Was in a que of about ten people in a jammers shop yesterday while the woman at the front bought a sandwich (e3.20) with a credit card. What are you, Norweigan? Fuxache.

is it possible that she maybe didn't have any money on her and no atm card?
should she go hungry for your inconvenience?

this just isn't up there with teabags on the counter

Super Dexta said:
'if somebody has finished the milk, you can put anything on it! like this smoothie!'

if i looked in the cupboard and found a smoothie and dry weetabix, i know which one i'd be eating. and i wouldn't be contaminating it with weetabix either.

fucking students, what?

GORILLAMUNCH said:
is it possible that she maybe didn't have any money on her and no atm card?
should she go hungry for your inconvenience?

this just isn't up there with teabags on the counter

yeah this doesn't bother me either. but that may be because I do it myself, usually after the 20th of each month.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
bar staff at atp who seem incapable of serving more than one person at a time

rat a tat tat

in fairness, they get them from some sort of clearing house for the recently lobotomised.

Probably.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
bar staff at atp who seem incapable of serving more than one person at a time

rat a tat tat

Most bar staff in the UK seem to have this problem. Cultural differences or a sign of our greater intelligence?

moose said:
Most bar staff in the UK seem to have this problem. Cultural differences or a sign of our greater intelligence?

also, what is with the ordering of something like a G&T and being asked 'would you like ice with that?'

no bar person, I would like it to be warm and brackish please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back