The Wii (5 Viewers)

I've been playing so much tennis, golf and lazer hockey that i've only managed an hour of Zelda so far. Should have broadband in the next few days - can't wait to get it online. Righto, feck work - i'm off home to refine some Miis. Had a game of tennis with John Peel and Andy Irvine the other day :)

aye, you can't browse with it yet (though supposedly you can manage it if you pull off some simple hack)
i think the browser is released on the 23rd

what is neat is that you can play video files on it, inc divx, by using a video converter, through the photo thingy.

Argh! I'm so excited about it now! I bought a magazine about it today that actually had no game reviews in it (snakey bastards, no wonder they had it covered in plastic!). I just have to finish off Dragonquest first because if I unplug the PS2 and plug in the Wii the PS2 will never be plugged in again and I'll never defeat evil and save the Kingdom of Trodain!

Is it pronounced "wee" or "why"? I've been saying "wee" but some guy who wrote a lame-ass poem in that games mag I was reading today rhymed it with the word "fly".

Is it pronounced "wee" or "why"? I've been saying "wee" but some guy who wrote a lame-ass poem in that games mag I was reading today rhymed it with the word "fly".

little known fact, it's actually meant to be called the w2.

Nintendo web site said:
f190947746.gif

Wii (pronounced 'we') is Nintendo's new home video game console that represents a radical step into a new era of entertainment. For years, video games have been growing in popularity but also in complexity. With Wii, Nintendo changes the way you play by maximising the fun and minimising the fuss.

i really want one.
____

Missus's mother was in smyths yesterday and they said this morning they'd be selling off the machines that preorder people didn't collect. She was planning on walking in around nine and picking one up, i said if they're just telling people then there'll probably be queues, so to head in early. She's planned on heading in around seven. Christ i hope i'm right.

Missus's mother was in smyths yesterday and they said this morning they'd be selling off the machines that preorder people didn't collect. She was planning on walking in around nine and picking one up, i said if they're just telling people then there'll probably be queues, so to head in early. She's planned on heading in around seven. Christ i hope i'm right.
marthas having people over later. some will be nice to look at. some will be nice to talk to. may see you there.

Dropped into Smyths this morning about 9.30, they had fresh stock but it was pre-order only. All the surrounding Gamestop/Game stores didn't seem to have anything new, either. OR SO THEY SAID.

/narrows eyes

keep trying smyths, they seem more prone to uncollected preorders.
did you see any component or scart cables whilst there?

About the Wii parade, it seems if you drag somebody out to the plaza you can't put them back in the parade again, which is a pity, i had a grand one going with you lads, somebody's mum and jesus.

keep trying smyths, they seem more prone to uncollected preorders.
did you see any component or scart cables whilst there?

None immediately obvious on the shelves, but my darty-about eyes were more on the look out for consoles than peripherals... Give 'em a call if you don't mind growing a Rip Van Winkle beard while waiting for them to pick up the phone.

About the Wii parade, it seems if you drag somebody out to the plaza you can't put them back in the parade again, which is a pity, i had a grand one going with you lads, somebody's mum and jesus.
I think that's my Jesus. I also did "Adolf" last night. My Wii Baseball team is awesome now.

Checked Smyths yesterday and they didn't have any component/scart cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back