The Wii (1 Viewer)

i haven't even cracked up any of my shit yet except to feel the weight of the controller. i'm mostly looking forward to Virtual Console action on first play - anyone get some points last night?

it's....so....fucking....deadly!

very pleased, picked up monkeyball as they had no wiiplay yet, and zelda is in the post
have spent most of my time creating my mii so far. what a sap..

got mine from henry st, didn't spot thrillho, i'd say there were only 30 buyers there maybe?
sounds like dawson st was pretty different

I didn't know you can play online on it. I want one.

So what games do you have then? Whats monkeyball?

aye, supermonkeyball. it was a gamecube classic, and never has a game been more suited to the wiimote.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermonkeyballbananablitz/index.html

as of yet i don't know that there are any games that take advantage of online play, i think nintendo released the code to developers too late to implement in time for the launch. they're coming though, as well as a fully functional web browser

currently you can download old games through virtual console, from various consoles (games like super mario 64, ecco the dolphin and altered beast!!). unlike the xbox arcade thingy, nintendo deliberately haven't souped up the games, they are exactly as they were
you download them by using wiipoints, which you can buy over the wii, or on cards from shops.

have to say, very disconcerting last night, to be sat on my sofa pointing a remote at a tv and entering my credit card details....

have to say that graphically, i see no jump yet, though am partially assuming that's down to the two games i got.

but to play it, has been an utter pleasure. the boxing is amazing fun, you hold the controllers as if you were wearing gloves, and within seconds you are skipping around the room.

you should buy

Just been around town to pick up my friend's pre-ordered Wii. It's fucking mental. 11am and they're sold out of EVERYTHING. Every copy of Zelda is gone from Game and HMV. Game seem to be the only one stocking Wii Play right now - Grafton street are sold out and Dawson street are only selling them WITH consoles.

Fucking insane. At least I got all my shit last night. Showed Helena Wii Sports and she wasn't that interested. Started editing my Mii and THEN she reached for the controller. I knew that would get her.

I'm still to be convinced it's nothing more than a gimmick that will get very old very fast. I'll have a go of dudleys wii at some point and find out.

do you mean henry st is out of wiiplay
Oops! Yep, that's what I meant. Still a bit flustered. I managed to snag the third-last one today. The queue was filled with mammies asking where the sports game was. Each one had trouble understanding the concept of a pack-in game.

We'll see duders, we'll see.

Sorry that should read

Wii'll see duders, wii'll see.

Wii are the champions! no time for losers cos wii...etc.

Theres a big sign in game, NO PREORDERS = NO WII

anyone get a skidproof glove yet?

wiiglove.jpg

Playing baseball, I can totally see how those dipshits done busted their TV with their wiimotes. Might be joining the dipshit club unless I do something quick. Anyone got any fishing line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back