The Wii (1 Viewer)

okay.okay.

Who the fuck here works for any of these shops? This queuing mentality isn't going down well with me - i wanna cruise out at 11.45, wait a few minutes and then get a machine. Am i gonna be bombarded with a bunch of nintendo fanboys playing multiplayer pokemon gloating with all their pre-order tickets (which if i think i know what a pre-order is, they shouldn't be queuing anyway as the machines should be held for them?)

thanx

I think you can forget it if you haven't pre-ordered.

hmm. strange. rang gamestop on henry street today who said it wouldn't be bundled. but then again i did see a €269.99 offer in gamestop liffey street that comes with €100 vouchers & a free 3 month subscription to wotever game selling mag they distribute. the cheek, such a rip off.

aye, gamestop told me just now that there won't be any forced bundles. however, they also said they've gotten very little stock of games/accessories, tried to reserve wiiplay and a nunchuck and it'll only be first come/first served

i've just been to gamestop in santry. The other day they said there'd be 10 on a first come basis, tonight when i called in they said they had the pre-order ones and that was it. They said they were getting more in next week.

there was a lad on the radio earlier saying that everyone that wants one will probably get one before chrimbo and it's just scare mongering cunts that say they won't

just back from my ordeal. i had no pre-order. started queuing outside gamestop on henry street at 9.30. i was the 2nd person after a father buying one for his son without a pre-order. was joined by thrillho with pre-order and a camp chair. gamestop opened store at 11 to leave us in from the cold (nice of them). about 15/20 at this stage - more so with no pre-orders, they took our names & places in line and said they'd ring us if there were any pre-orders unfulfilled by saturday night - we'd get first dips. so at 11.15 and without a wii, cruised on over to game on dawson street. met ilovehoovering and was 83rd in that queue for purchase. had to wait until about 1.30 to actually get in the door, very slow, the stock of non pre-ordered wiis must've been low at this stage as slick manager guy dishing out the receipts said (and there was still a good long queue behind me). they had all the accessories except the component cable which i didn't spot (gamestop on henry street said they weren't getting wiiplay in until next wednesday)

it's....so....fucking....deadly!

very pleased, picked up monkeyball as they had no wiiplay yet, and zelda is in the post
have spent most of my time creating my mii so far. what a sap..

got mine from henry st, didn't spot thrillho, i'd say there were only 30 buyers there maybe?
sounds like dawson st was pretty different

wheres the Wii Message board where you register friends and where do you get your Mii/Wii code??? (this is prob starin me in the face and i should prob be in bed before i fuck something up)

not even gonna look at zelda til tomorrow,want all and full attention on it!

edit: Wii Num: 1171 9852 2145 5692

crying_child.jpg

dear nintendo
I don't want to have to do a google image search for a noose on xmas day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back